Fireman's Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sounds great pops
439.gif

This is very interesting...I will give this a try as soon as I get back from Ca. after the 1st...This is the kinda stuff I like...its not just cooking it has history and a nice black iron pot of beans to go with it....no fancy grill, open wood coals...

I have been grilling chicken with Cornell sauce for years- the sauce was developed by a professor at Cornell University. I have found that brining is counterproductive, rather I grill the chicken half until there is noticeable moisture coming out of it AND THEN start saucing them generously and often. I believe that by this process you are making room for the delectable sauce to penetrate the chicken. I test for doneness by picking up the half  with a pair of gloves and twisting the leg- the leg should turn very easily and it's done. Great chicken and very common here in New York. Paul

Yes!  I know right where you're located, been through there many many times, mother-in-law lived in Wolcott for many years and used to drive down to see her from Watertown.  Also used to play in a country band in Red Creek too; this was back in the 70's, can't remember the place we played in, tho.

Last edited:
Hahahahaha  I remember a bar in Baldwinsville called the Riverside..It was at the lock..from there we would ride out to Fulton and drink .25 beers at some hole in the wall.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky