FINISHING SAUCE (for Pulled Pork)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yount,

You won't be disappointed. I have used this finishing sauce since SoFlQuer first posted it and I have always been happy with the results. I really hope you will be too .... it's the best!

well was skeptical at first then once meat sat for a bit it was great only bad part even the little bit of left overs is now gone and no one used q sauce was great just like that

Thanks for the recipe, Jeff.  I tried it on a picnic I pulled and will definitely be using this sauce from now on.  I think it really shines through on the leftovers.  Add just the right touch of flavor to really set it off!!

Question....

What do you do with the left over finishing sauce?  Can it be kept in the refrigerator   for a while?

Thanks
Phil

I have had this bookmarked for a while, made it a while back as per the original recipe, and it was pretty good.  I am not a huge cider vinegar fan, so I subbed with white vinegar, and it was AWESOME!  Everyone that tried it could not get enough of it, next time I will triple the recipe to make sure there is enough and to have some leftover.  

Thanks for a fantastic recipe.

My wife loves the vinegar sauces like the eastern Carolina styles.  Unfortunately I cannot handle that much vinegar.  Being from Oklahoma I have been spoiled on thick hearty red sauces.  I am going to make it for her today because I am about to smoke a huge butt.  Thanks for the tip and I will try it.

A huge thanks!!!!! I put a butt on this mornin' and whipped up your sauce just before I pulled it.  Everyone loved it! Woohoo! I'm not a big fan of vinegar stuff but I loved it as well! 

Definitely recommend it!

Question....

What do you do with the left over finishing sauce?  Can it be kept in the refrigerator   for a while?

Thanks
Phil
The finishing sauce is very similar to the eastern NC vinegar based BBQ sauces.  I whipped up the "Vaunted Vinegar Sauce" from the the Smoke and Spice cookbook which is similar (twice the  vinegar, salt instead of cajun seasoning) and it says it will keep "indefinitely" presumably because it is just vinegar and spices. 

From all the posts, it sounds like the one I maded (which has 2 cups of vinegar) could have a tad too much vinegar for a finishing sauce. 

I'm smoking a couple of butts today for the 4th of July.  My plan was to pull it, mix it with its own juices (fat removed) then serve it with a choice of vinegar based sauce or more traditional sweet-ketchup based sauce. But now I may try the finishing sauce.

I have used a similar version of this sauce for years. In my humble opinion, this is as good as it gets. I keep a bottle sitting on the table, it goes well with other things too (ribs, pinto beans, sliced tomatoes fresh from the garden, and so on.)

I'm about to whip up some of this sauce now for a butt I'm smoking Sunday. People love it!
Same here.. I've read the first page and the last one and didn't see any major changes.. I'm going to attempt the original recipe and hope for the best.. I'm going to smoke it Sunday for a BBQ Luncheon on Tuesday.. Wish me luck!!!;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky