Fed up with amns

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
I can not keep this thing burning.  About ready to throw it away.  I get it smoking good and put it in my masterbuilt smoker and it goes out. I pulled the chip loader out some and the chip tray out some but it still goes out.

Please help I want so smoke some cheese.

Thanks

Adam

what altitude are you at and do you have the exhaust vent fully open?

I'm curious too. It took 3-4 lights before it kept burning for me and the last time I took the chip loader out.

I had the vent fully open and microwaved the dust for a minute. It is even windy here, I would think the wind would keep it burning better.

I am at about 1500 feet.

Thanks

How do I get ahold of him.  Will he post here, Send him a PM or call him?

Everyone says about how good this thing is, I really want to get this working.

Would the mailbox mod be better?

Farmer
Do you have the gen 2 mes (side vent)? If you do there is very limited airflow in that thing that causes some temp issues, too much smoke sitting in the chamber, and, well you know about lack of smoke production.

Not sure which model mes you have, but my pellet smoker burns good in my mes 30. I remove the loader, and chip tray. Light pellets with a torch, and let em burn for a good 10 minutes before blowing them out. Sometime they get going so good that I can't blow them out. I have been lighting both sides as insurance though.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Farmer
Do you have the gen 2 mes (side vent)? If you do there is very limited airflow in that thing that causes some temp issues, too much smoke sitting in the chamber, and, well you know about lack of smoke production.
Mine has the top vent.

Not sure which model mes you have, but my pellet smoker burns good in my mes 30. I remove the loader, and chip tray. Light pellets with a torch, and let em burn for a good 10 minutes before blowing them out. Sometime they get going so good that I can't blow them out. I have been lighting both sides as insurance though.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
I have the one that burns the dust.

Remove the chip loader and the chip tray from the mes. Make sure top vent is fully open , nuke chips / pellets for 1 min.  light, let burn blow out an relight.

I had a few times that it didn't want to stay lit. Once i removed the loader and tray ,no more problems.

Remove the chip loader and the chip tray from the mes. Make sure top vent is fully open , nuke chips / pellets for 1 min.  light, let burn blow out an relight.

I had a few times that it didn't want to stay lit. Once i removed the loader and tray ,no more problems.
It wont burn long enough to blow out.

You should have plenty good airflow in that MES. It's real important to make sure you get it burning very well before you put it in the smoker. Light it up and let it burn (with flame) for a good 10 min. Then blow out the flame and let it just smoke and cherry up outside the smoker for another 5 min or so. Main thing is make sure it's burning really good and you shouldn't have any problems. Oh, are you using Todd's pellets?

I use the heck out of mine in my Bradley.......0 Issues with lighting and stays going.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky