Favorite beers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
@Flash-- Weihenstephaner is the standard by which all wheat beers are judged.  When you go to drink it, roll the unopened beer bottle gently back and forth to loosen the yeast on the bottom.  When you pour it should be cloudy with a frothy creamy head.  When you taste it, you will get a hint of banana and clove followed by a slightly bready taste.  It truly is a great beer.  I visited the factory, and my wife had to drag me out kicking and screaming.  I would have become a monk to stay there with that brew.
 Will try it tonight with out steaks. Thanks

Geez, I'm down to my last few bottles of Ballentine Ale. What am I gonna do when it's gone. Maybe finish off the few Narragansett Ales I have left. Yes, the Ruppert Knickerbocker is all gone. 
th_crybaby2.gif

Found a new favorite beer!  Founders had a tasting at Burgies in Alpena MI.  They had 4 very rare beers which included KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)!  It was beautiful....

Found a new favorite beer!  Founders had a tasting at Burgies in Alpena MI.  They had 4 very rare beers which included KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)!  It was beautiful....
Yes KBS is incredible. I usually buy as many as I can in early April. Make sure to get a hold of your local specialty beer store in early March to place an order and hope they save you a 4-pack. The 4-pack runs $23 though....

Now you need to get to an event to try CBS. Canadian Breakfast Stout...it's KBS but instead of aging in bourbon barrels it's aged in maple syrup barrels. Mmmmmm

Its good beer. Sometimes Coors original is hard to find. I live about twelve miles from Oxford, OH. Miami University is in Oxford, OH. The college students in Oxford love Coors original. The supply is endless. 
whistlepig -- I just had some Whistlepig bourbon the other day, thanks to a friend. Wow, that stuff was amazing. It's from Vermont I believe.

larry bell's gift to mankind " bells porter", second by your choice belg. blue, the monks can brew cant they!! i try to clone it over and over but my yeast is never on. turns out good but never great

I'll always go to the weissbier, either German (like Weihenstephaner Hefe) or Austrian - Edelweiss. 

And always very cold... 

However, I had a very nice experience with stout - Guinness, to be precise... In a pub near London, UK, draught.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky