Favorite Beer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not meant to be and if read the the post that bearcarver responded to that inspired that post, I would think it wouldn't be.

However, Bearcarver if you took it as rude, I apologize.
Actually I took it as a cut to those Hawaiian & Texas Beers, however I appreciated Steve covering my back.

Actually the worst beer I ever drank was "33" beer !  No telling what was in that crap!

No problem here guys. Aint like I never said anything that could be taken more than one way.

Smoke on,

Bear

So many beers......so hard to choose......

I will say my favorite for an everyday go-to beer would be Alaskan Amber Ale.  mmmmmmmmm!

Others would be Newcastle, or Sam Adams.

Last edited:
Regular Australian beer only drink it if I  have to,put it in brine mix. Coopers Pale Ale & Sparkling Ale,James Squire range originally made by a transplanted american. Got a bit of a thing for Speights dark ale  & Monteiths range South Island NZ & the Czech beers Pilsener Urkel, Budvar, & a dark ale that is on tap at a mates Czech bar. Maudite from Quebec as long as you remember its %7 alcohol. And last but definitely not least Pig Dog Ale .Bavarian Bock style %6 that we are bottling tomorrow at ubrewit micro brewery tomorrow after 2 postponments
yahoo.gif
 100 litres I will post a photo

Yuengling is a great bargain beer (found anywhere) but try Sierra Nevada (best gas station IPA). Dogfish Head makes some great brews but is a little more expensive.  Watch out for their 90 minute IPA!  Magic Hat is also really good and cost a little less than Dogfish.  Amstel Light has always been a great friend of mine but you can never have enough Blue Moon!  Sam Adams also has kick butt seasonals.

So many beers......so hard to choose......

I will say my favorite for an everyday go-to beer would be Alaskan Amber Ale.  mmmmmmmmm!

Others would be Newcastle, or Sam Adams.

Of course you have to ask WHICH Sam Adams. For all the beers they have, they produce a lot of crap. I have not tried them all, but so far only Winter Lager, Boston Lager, Brown Ale and Black Lager have floated my boat. Octoberfest was not bad.

Flash-   Most of the Sam Adams stuff is good.  Boston Lager, Winter Ale, and even the summer ale are good.  Also- Sierra Nevada makes a nice brown ale.  I had this thick, dark Belgian abbey at a local brewhouse in Tucson brewed as a quadruple that was sweet, tasty, and STRONG.   It was at Thunder Canyon Brewery, and it was called Quad The Impaler.   Very tasty.

Last edited:
I love any Oktoberfest beer.

I go out and buy a couple cases whenever it comes into stores.  Either Lienenkuegels or Sam Adams or Magic Hats.

My next favorites are ambers, reds and a decent ale like Sam Adams.

I remember when I was a kid (Sorry nostalgia hitting me) and I'd see programs or read books about people drinking Ale and I never knew it was beer and would think it must be like the best soda pop ever if everyone is drinking it.

Flash-   Most of the Sam Adams stuff is good.  Boston Lager, Winter Ale, and even the summer ale are good.  Also- Sierra Nevada makes a nice brown ale.  I had this thick, dark Belgian abbey at a local brewhouse in Tucson brewed as a quadruple that was sweet, tasty, and STRONG.   It was at Thunder Canyon Brewery, and it was called Quad The Impaler.   Very tasty.

With over 30 beers made by Sam Adams, obviously I have not tried them all and as with anything, we all have our own taste. The only ones I would give above a 3 star (out of 5) are the following. We can easily drink, Winter Lager, Boston Ale, Cream Stout, Summer Ale, Boston Lager, Black Lager and Brown Ale, but none reach our 4 star level. Again, Octoberfest only garnered a 3 star from the wife and I. JMHO.

Have you ever seen Sam Adams, Irish Red?? Heard that is one to try, but have never seen it.

Last edited:
 We did try one tonight that is new for us and both the Mrs and I gave it a **** 4 Star performance. 

Maudite Ale. A darker ale that was not so overpowering. Very nice.

I love this topic! Being in micro-brew territory I have been gravitating to anything made by a Hood River, OR company called Double Mountain Brewing. The guy who started the company used to be Full Sail brewery's Head brew master. He opened up a little brew pub accross the street from his past employer and has been making amazing beers ever since. They make an IRA and a Kolsh that are both to die for... I also drink a ton of Full Sail "Session Lager".. Happy Drinking, Smokin - K

P.S. If I'm looking for quantity I also like Busch Light... In the 16oz can!

This is my kind of topic as well!  I am a quasi beer snob myself, I lived in Colorado for 7 years and I ate the most crappy inexpensive food just so I could afford good beer!

Top 5 is even really hard but I'll try in no particular order.......

-Tommy Knockers Maple Nut Brown

-Breckenridge Avalanche

-Single Track

-Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

-Carlsbad Chronic(I swear it's a beer!)

Although the best beer that I've ever had in my life, because of situation, was a Guiness.  And the ONLY reason...and I mean ONLY reason is because it was the first beer I had in over 7 months while flying back to the States after a tour in Ar Ramadi, Iraq.  It was 0530 when we landed in Shannon Ireland and they had Guiness and Beamish Red lined up for us, and holy *&^$%#$ was it GOOD!  I don't even like Guiness!  It was a well deserved beer!

This is my kind of topic as well!  I am a quasi beer snob myself, I lived in Colorado for 7 years and I ate the most crappy inexpensive food just so I could afford good beer!

Top 5 is even really hard but I'll try in no particular order.......

-Tommy Knockers Maple Nut Brown

-Breckenridge Avalanche

-Single Track

-Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

-Carlsbad Chronic(I swear it's a beer!)

Although the best beer that I've ever had in my life, because of situation, was a Guiness.  And the ONLY reason...and I mean ONLY reason is because it was the first beer I had in over 7 months while flying back to the States after a tour in Ar Ramadi, Iraq.  It was 0530 when we landed in Shannon Ireland and they had Guiness and Beamish Red lined up for us, and holy *&^$%#$ was it GOOD!  I don't even like Guiness!  It was a well deserved beer!

Thanks for your service Mike. Glad you made it back home.

I have only had Tommy Knockers Butthead so far. *** 1/4 stars for us. Will have to look for the Maple Nut Brown

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale got the same rating while their Celebration only got a **. Not good at all.

Lately its been Fat tire or Accumulation. Their is a really cool local Winery and Brewery called Copps that has some of the best micro brews I have ever had. If you are in west central Florida go there and have fun!

Flying Dog, Snake Dog IPA  7.1%

mmmm   gonna pick me up some on the way home tonight.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky