Father's Day Prime Ribeyes!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Yup----"Beach Masters" wasn't a good job. Nobody wanted to stay on the beach long, as they were usually getting shelled heavily, and they had to stay there too long.

My FIL was like that, as he was a WW2 Ranger, and passed 2 years ago, at age 94.

You're a good Son making such a Great Steak for Pop on his day!
icon14.gif

Bear
They are a generation of tuff men. You never had to worry either, if they said something it was true, if they agreed to something it happened, if they used something it was put back in better shape than when it was taken down, and if a deal wasn't fair they'd tell you. 

Might be why it was such a prosperous time in this country. <shrugs>  But I have a convienant memory these days, I only remember the good. I guess thats better than the flip side.

Nice post Kevin.  Great food, great car, and great to have your dad around and still kicking.

So whats "jacard"???  I even googled it and the closest |I could get was a type of woven cloth--I'm thinking you didn't use that on the steaks.  LOL

Gary

Thanks Gary, oh and you know me and my spelling.LOL

I believe its french, and has a double "c" I missed. Pffft... me mispelling good figure...>LOL

Jaccard tenderizer, I want you to know its a load better than a tenderizing mallet. A mallet or iron has its place for flattening meats, but the Jaccard tenderizes without any visible trace. AND it only takes a little.

AND if I am not mistaken someone here talked me into trying it and I really like it. It can make the tuffest meat tender without an all day cook. When its 105 outside in the shade, you live in a 150+ year old house, you don't want to use the oven in the summer. So I love mine. I do sometimes forget I have it, told ya only had it a few years so its realitively new in my kitchen.

http://www.jaccard.com/Original-Super-Meat-Tenderizer--48-Knife_p_10.html

I got mine from Jaccard w/ a lifetime guaranty, I can see that would be a good thing as I have used mine and the points are already starting to turn some. Its easy to clean. I think I saw where northern tools has one a bit cheaper also.

My grandmother, my mother both used the side of a saucer wacking a piece of meat to tenderize it (Chicken Fried steak), I broke a couple of saucers (gorilla hands) and started using plates...LOL This is so much easier and does an excellent job.

Last edited:
Not sure how I've missed this great thread Foam ! What a great post, everything looks tasty & ya have your Dad there ! Thumbs Up Please tell your Dad Thanks for his service !

Sorry I missed this too Foam!  Great post and hope it was a great Father's day!  Thank you for sharing that with us.

Mike

Not sure how I've missed this great thread Foam ! What a great post, everything looks tasty & ya have your Dad there !
icon14.gif
Please tell your Dad Thanks for his service !
That you.... And I will.

Sorry I missed this too Foam!  Great post and hope it was a great Father's day!  Thank you for sharing that with us.

Mike
Your most welcome. It doesn't matter if you're late, there is always an extra chair at my house. Thanks for the Compliment.

Thanks Gary, oh and you know me and my spelling.LOL

I believe its french, and has a double "c" I missed. Pffft... me mispelling good figure...>LOL

Jaccard tenderizer, I want you to know its a load better than a tenderizing mallet. A mallet or iron has its place for flattening meats, but the Jaccard tenderizes without any visible trace. AND it only takes a little.

AND if I am not mistaken someone here talked me into trying it and I really like it. It can make the tuffest meat tender without an all day cook. When its 105 outside in the shade, you live in a 150+ year old house, you don't want to use the oven in the summer. So I love mine. I do sometimes forget I have it, told ya only had it a few years so its realitively new in my kitchen.

http://www.jaccard.com/Original-Super-Meat-Tenderizer--48-Knife_p_10.html

I got mine from Jaccard w/ a lifetime guaranty, I can see that would be a good thing as I have used mine and the points are already starting to turn some. Its easy to clean. I think I saw where northern tools has one a bit cheaper also.

My grandmother, my mother both used the side of a saucer wacking a piece of meat to tenderize it (Chicken Fried steak), I broke a couple of saucers (gorilla hands) and started using plates...LOL This is so much easier and does an excellent job.
Hey, I got one of those, had it for about 30 years, We always just called it "The tenderizer with all the little blades"

Sure works good though. When I got mine a friend of mine introduced me to it, Ge would take deer meat tenderize it real good

soak it in some teriykai and worcestershire sauce and melted butter, then grill and he basted with butter to keep them from drying out. Some of the best I ever had.

Gary 

I have often wondered about using it when curing meat over 2" thick. I know the pro's at the New York deli's use a commercial version on their pastrami and corned beef.

But I learned the secret as with using spice is a minimalistic approach. Too make passes makes mush when cooked.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing and thank your dad for his service!  My dad is also 92 and also a WWII vet.  He lives with me now so I get to be with him everyday.  One thing he loves to do is watch QVC.  One day There was a large package at the door.  It was a Masterbilt Smoker.  I asked my dad where that came from and he said "never mind...just make me some ribs".  That was my intro into smoking and I now use it at least 3 times a week.  Once again, thanks to my dad for teaching me something new.

Reactions: foamheart

Thanks for sharing and thank your dad for his service!  My dad is also 92 and also a WWII vet.  He lives with me now so I get to be with him everyday.  One thing he loves to do is watch QVC.  One day There was a large package at the door.  It was a Masterbilt Smoker.  I asked my dad where that came from and he said "never mind...just make me some ribs".  That was my intro into smoking and I now use it at least 3 times a week.  Once again, thanks to my dad for teaching me something new.
Yep.... a day you learn something new, is a day you don't age. Around here currently its golf and baseball! The deciding game of the CWS is tonight!

I see you're new, you should stop by the Roll Call section and introduce yourself so others can say Howdee.

Those are great looking steaks and the car is fantastic. As for your Dad, you are entitled to be crusty when you're 92! Tell him a fat old Canadian said hi!

Points for a fun post.

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky