Easy chicken recipe?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

simko

Original poster
Apr 6, 2017
Hi Everyone

having an impromptu bbq this saturday, was hoping to buy a couple of whole chickens and breaking them into portions. I would also like to try and smoke the breasts with the skin off.

Anyone have any EASY/Reliable recipes for smoking chicken? Any suggestions for doing the breast without it drying out?

if it matters, i have an oklahoma joe smoker (highland?).

thanks!

For skinless chicken breasts, I will brine for 2-4 hours. Then smoke them for about 45 min to an hour. Then after that crank the heat up and get them to temp. They always come out tender and juicy. 

Last edited:
I use:

2 Quarts cold water 

1/2  Cup Kosher Salt

1/4  Cup Brown Sugar

1/2  Soy Sauce

Basically just combine them in a large mixing bowl and stir until the salt and sugar dissolves put the chicken in it and cover and refrigerate for 2 hours and they should be good to go...  

Great, thanks very much! I will post progress pictures after the weekend when the dust settles

Your welcome.. Good luck with the BBQ hope everything turns out good. Will watch for an update. 

Hi Everyone

having an impromptu bbq this saturday, was hoping to buy a couple of whole chickens and breaking them into portions. I would also like to try and smoke the breasts with the skin off.

Anyone have any EASY/Reliable recipes for smoking chicken? Any suggestions for doing the breast without it drying out?

if it matters, i have an oklahoma joe smoker (highland?).

thanks!

For chicken breasts I prefer split chicken breasts with the skin on.
Breasts with the skin off sometimes get a little tough on the outside.

I usually like smoking my chicken 300-325
Important thing will be to try run a clan fire.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky