Duke's First Kabanosy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dukeburger

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2009
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
First batch of kabanosy turned out great!! Did 5.5lbs worth using the same recipe as CrankyBuzzard did and multiplied the amounts for 5.5lbs of pork.

Made a couple modifications to the recipe, I could not find caraway seeds at two grocery stores I looked at so I substituted with anise seed which I had on hand. I also used TQ instead of Cure #1.

Used 24-26mm sheep casing leftover from my breakfast link grind last weekend.

Smoked with apple in my Big Chief until IT of all pieces were 169*F.

Duke they look great,how does it taste with the anise?Next question are you going to pickle some?

Richie

points.gif

Duke they look great,how does it taste with the anise?Next question are you going to pickle some?

Richie

points.gif
Thanks Richie!

The taste with the anise is great, however with it being my first time with kabanosy, I have nothing to compare it to..

Never thought about pickling them, either, what are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Really, really nice, looks great, I did notice one package that looked like it had my name on it    Great Job  
points1.png

Gary

Looks awesome. Your a sausage making machine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky