Dual RF Smokers on trailer....My first adventure

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dang, look at that! Fantastic job. I'll bet you slept well the night after you did the test fire and everything burned right. I'm thinking PowerStroke for sure!
I'm thinking Detroit....    
biggrin.gif

Did the seasoning burn this evening.  What a joy to watch.  This thing heats up really fast and holds a nice even temp.  I also did a steam bath before the seasoning.  My first cook in this thing is going to be Thursday.  We are inviting a bunch of people to check out our bounty.  I'm cooking 2 briskets, 2 pulled pork butts, 4 racks of ribs and some chicken hind quarters.

I'm thinking Powerstroke,  I don't really care as long as it's diesel and I really want a dually....just for looks.. Now that would be bad a__!

Did the seasoning burn this evening.  What a joy to watch.  This thing heats up really fast and holds a nice even temp.  I also did a steam bath before the seasoning.  My first cook in this thing is going to be Thursday.  We are inviting a bunch of people to check out our bounty.  I'm cooking 2 briskets, 2 pulled pork butts, 4 racks of ribs and some chicken hind quarters.

I'm thinking Powerstroke,  I don't really care as long as it's diesel and I really want a dually....just for looks.. Now that would be bad a__!
Se Dave...the man DOES know what he's talking about![emoji]128519[/emoji]

Ford F350 7.3 chipped!  Have not forgotten you guys.  Finally almost finished.  First competition I got 4th overall, 3rd in chicken and 4th in brisket.  After 6 weeks of 100+ weather and vending every Saturday I HAD to build the canopy.  By the way, I vended , competed and did peoples choice at first event.  1200 ibs in 3 days....this is one cooking machine.  Getting the trailer lit up this next week with rope lighting, florescents and floods to the tanks.

Almost finished product.  It seems the more I cook on this thing the more I am addicted.

And below is 12-25# turkeys coming off at 6:00 a.m. Wednesday before Thanksgiving

For Christmas we bought an authentic sounding steam locomotive whistle.  Still waiting for it to come in.

Also broke down and added an electric jack to assist with hooking up to truck.....worth every penny and then some.

Been doing PLENTY of practicing....can't wait for BBQ season and competing this year.

Mike, morning.... Wow..... quite a progression you've made... From March until December.... I'm impressed with your dedication, resolve and all that other stuff.... Congrats on the beautiful smoking/vending set up..... Nice do on the turkeys..

I wish you the best in your upcoming endeavors....

Dave

Dave:

Many thanks to you and a bunch of others on this site that have helped and inspired me.  I'm still building houses....people OFTEN ask me where else we cook and I have to explain that this is just an eccentric hobby.  Keeping it this way allows me to ENJOY what I do.  My wife works on rubs and sauces all week, I prep and cook all night Friday and sell all day Saturday and think I'm doing good to clear $300.  This is a labor of love and an insane intense addiction.

Added a train horn Santa gave me for Christmas.  Will post a short video as soon as my antique pull chain gets here.  Horn is AWESOME!

Smoked 22 turkeys for the homeless on Christmas day....was the greatest cook I've done to date....very rewarding and yet humbling at the same time.

Thanks Dave.  I haven't forgotten you.  When you get ready  to do a top on that new smoker my offer is still open.  Would love to do a top with you and of course.....smoke some goodness before you leave.

Mikie

I promised a video of my smoker and have been lax, yesterday I finally took this video for you guys.  I just figured out how to get it from my phone to here.  Hope you like it.

Mike

Many thanks Len. I hope this video is as much of an inspiration to somebody watching it as some of the builds on this website were to me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky