Does anyone use a Cookshack Smoker ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jimmy48

Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
Arizona
I am looking to buy a smoker.  Have good things about the Cookshack Smokers, does anyone use one and how good are they ?

Thanks,

Jimmy48

Welcome aboard!  Sorry I'm not familiar with the Cookshack but wanted to welcome you at least!  I'm sure they'll be some folks coming along shortly who can provide some information on the Cookshack.  

I do not have the Cookshack but its brother the SmokinTex 1400 unit and I love it. I also bought the A MAZE N SMOKER to go with it to cold smoke and with the two I have the abilithy to do anything

I have owned a Cookshack for about two years and I love it. It was an upgrade for me from an ECB. It does an awesome job. I love that the door seals very tight, it takes minimal amount of wood and it's easy to use. The temp control on mine (I have the Smokette II) is pretty much dead-on and when you open the door, it rises back up to cooking temp relatively quickly (at least compared to ECB, in my experience). Maintenance is super easy, just line the floor and cover the wood box with some heavy duty foil and remove the foil to clean...that's it. I have never had any issues with it and would certainly recommend it to anybody. 

Cookshack, very good choice. which one are you looking at ?  I've got 2 FEC-100's , Quality product, well insulated, excellant customer service staff. made in ponca city, okla. usa. not imported. if you have any questions i'll try to help you all I can.

Wow, you guys really answer questions.  I can't get an answer from my own State.  The Smoker is the Smokette  Elite - Stainless Steel, SM025.  Don't really need anything bigger right now.  Just going to use it from family and friends.

I want to thank all of you who got back to me.  Will let everyone know how the first Brisket turns out.

Welcome to SMF glad you can join us.  We are big on Pics and love to help everyone out.  Remember the only question that is dumb is one not asked.  You will not find a friendlier place to talk Que on the web.

You are going to fit in just fine.

The SM025 is what I have...I love it and recommend it highly

...I may sell it in the future, but just to size up!

The vent is not adjustable, but the unit does very well with heat and humidity control (ie no waterpan, etc needed)

Not sure how long the heating element lasts, though I do know that in the last several years they have upgraded the element and it has worked well for me so far...

The big benefits to me are:  crazy insulation (you can cook in any weather), made in USA, unbelievable customer service, and great temp regulation

For example with the Cookshack smoker.  I open my present propane smoker every hour to spray the baby backs with apple juice.  Do you still do that with the cookshack?  I have been looking at youtube videos and they say to just put the ribs in the smoker and leave it for the whole time with one little block of wood !! Is that correct?

For example with the Cookshack smoker.  I open my present propane smoker every hour to spray the baby backs with apple juice.  Do you still do that with the cookshack?  I have been looking at youtube videos and they say to just put the ribs in the smoker and leave it for the whole time with one little block of wood !! Is that correct?

It's your preference. I spray the meat while it's smoking sometimes, but you probably don't have to do it. If you do open the door, it doesn't take long to get the temp back up. 

I never spray my ribs when cooking them, I have a CS Smokette, had it for 10 or 11 years now, I have never had any issues with mine and it has been used very hard. Like someone above said, line with foil and top the wood box also with foil and a Putty knife or scraper to get the big chunks.

I hope this is allowed but try this, they are a friendly group just as here. http://forum.cookshack.com/groupee

hillary... I am also looking into a Cookshack, Model SM009-2. Have heard good things about this brand. I found a company with a better price than Cookshack. Let me know if your interested. Good luck and let us know what you decided on.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky