Daves Smokehouse....Part 9 Test Runs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

Yea I've suffered from ATD for a long time and it drives people crazy sometimes, I also am a little OC and that drives me crazy sometimes!!

Dave, looks good.....    Put the T1-11 on with screws....   easier to remove when moving....  You could even put in access panels in the T1-11 for future bolt removal.....   I don't think you want to mess with the Duroc once installed and smoke covered....   Nice burner access hole....    Holey-Kow !!!! that building looks professional....

Thanks Dave! I was thinking of removing the Durock when the time comes to move it to access the anchor bolts and also to make it a lot lighter. Hopefully will only have to move it once! Don't think I'll mind getting a little smoky smelling!

Thanks Dave! I was thinking of removing the Durock when the time comes to move it to access the anchor bolts and also to make it a lot lighter. Hopefully will only have to move it once! Don't think I'll mind getting a little smoky smelling!
That, my friend, makes waaaaaay to much sense...  
head-wall.gif

Yep Dave.  This thing is built like a Brick "Smoke" House. What's wrong with being OC? OC? OC? OC?  LOL  Keep up the good work and please keep the Qview rolling. 

Brian

42.gif
 Many thanks to all those brave men and women and their families for the sacrifices made and loyalty they have exhibited for this wonderful nation. 

May God bless them all and The United States of America
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Last edited:
OK I made a little more progress today. I got the door built and the roof rafters on. Added some blocking for the Durock and put all the siding on.

Here are some pics of the door, I wanted to test hang it with hinges before I went any farther. I really don't know how this happened but it worked the first time. I really thought I would be fighting it all day!

This is just some blocking I had to add to make installing the Durock easier.

Here is the siding on it, it was already primed so that's not the color, I will be painting it white to match my house.
Don't gig me on the corners, they will be getting some trim boards to finish them off.

I cheated on the back because I am a cheapskate! Instead of buying 4 sheets of siding I was able to use the cut-offs from the sides and front and piece them in on the back. The seams will also be covered with trim boards.

Here is the door finished off, I cut the siding 1" bigger than the door frame so it overlaps so I didn't have to make a stop, I will be putting a seal around the edge of the frame where the siding on the door meets it.

No big deal here but this is the receptacle I added for the PID controller to plug into.

And one bonus pic. This is for everyone who helped install the door on Jerry's smokehouse at NFL this year.

Tomorrow I think I am just going to clean up the mess I have made, throw something in my GOSM and paint the house and relax!

Last edited:
That's slick , Mick...poet im me... nevermind
cool.gif

I've been lurking and watching the progress, and I must say, that is the Bomb. You'll have fun in there, I'd be sleeping in the wonderful smell of Smoke.
ROTF.gif

I watch for the finish...
pepsi.gif

Remember our Heros..

looks great ! I know I'm late but a gas valve off a floor furnace makes its own voltage. Its a milla volt system. Hardest part wold be finding a therostat for food and not. Air space.

Dave,

smokehouse is looking great !!!

thats one of the many things on my to do list !!!

you make me want to get started on mine
icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky