Dad and the boys weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

a basham

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
Morenci Arizona
 Well wife is outta town for the weekend so i figured my boys and I would sit around the smoker maybe have a few cold ones and hang out. I have cooked alot of beef and pork latley and figured chicken sounded good. The thing is i want to do somthin different. have done the full roaster thing and beer butt thing and simple piece thing all in the old fridge. Now i been racking my brain to find somthin different to put in the old girl. Any and all sugestions will be considered. NO REALLY I NEED SOME OFF THE WALL IDEAS...... Any of ya have any. My Boys love the smoker ther 12yrs & 4yrs (Cold ones for me only) so im looking to blow ther minds! Ya know the kinda thing they talk about and ther mom dont belive it happend. Thanks in advance...........
help.gif

Did you try the chicken in a muffin tin technique.  I've never used it but I bet it's easy to find a recipe.

They are boys.  Just cook up some big old whole chicken wings.  Sometimes, it's all about keeping it simple.   Sodas or whatever for the boys, beverage of choice for dad and wings (of whatever style) on the smoker.     Don't let mom know, but they can pull wings one at a time and eat them right from the smoker  :)

Ground chicken fatty with tarot tots and cheese plus some smoky wings sounds like a plan!! Thanks for the ideas picks comin soon

Ok so here we go. Chicken/pork sausage fatty with drum sticks and wings. Gotta cool idea tho.keepin it a suprise for now tho due to I ain't sure it's going to work. Enough writing the picks should tell the story.....

No prep pic.... Never done chicken fatty before. They don't roll like beef or pork even after putting it in the freezer for a bit it still wanted to stick to the zip lock

Enjoy that time, nothin better than smokin good food with the kids !! :grilling_smilie: :2thumbs:

A little slow cookin today dang Az wind. Anyway it's done and it don't quite look right but the boys think it's cool. It's a fatty rod just incase you were wondering.

Last edited:
Well the jury is out. Kids and myself think we're going to stay with pork and beef fattys. The inside filling was awsome and the flavor as a whole was good. We all agree it's a texture thing. Kind more of a rubber texture from the chicken I guess. Oh well it was fun and trying new things is part of it.We are a beef family and ther ain't no changing that. Thanks to all for the ideas.......

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky