Cracker Crusted T-Loin(Qview)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

raptor700

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 20, 2010
Crestview, Florida
I had a pork tender loin thawed in the fridge and thought I would try something different with it. (I was out of bacon)

I rubbed it with EVOO and rolled it in some crushed "Keebler" Italian Herb crackers.

Smoked at 250º with Lump and pecan

c76b871e_100_1282.jpg

Rolled in the crumbs and ready to smoke

cee2d9c9_100_1284.jpg

Pulled at IT of 150º

You can see where I probed after 2 hrs, It was very juicy
biggrin.gif

e590e9d9_100_1287.jpg

Here's one for the Bear,

Not a bad smoke ring
huh.gif

dc82f4f5_100_1294.jpg

It was very moist and had a nice crispy crust.

I will definitely do this again. It was a nice change from the normal bacon wrap.

93379be8_100_1303.jpg

Thanks for checking out my loin
biggrin.gif

You can pass me a plate of that!  Looks excellent.
thumb1.gif

Looks great...love the cracker idea...
bravo.png
  Thanks Race,

It worked better than I thought

You can pass me a plate of that!  Looks excellent.
thumb1.gif
  Thanks Man, I would gladly pass you a plate my friend.

what a great idea just got a loin, will try.thanks 
  Thank you King,

I think you will like it.

Great looking loin, I like the crust idea. 
icon14.gif
 Thanks Meat,I didn't have bacon so I thought I would roll in crumbs to keep the loin from drying out.

It worked very well.

thats great looking Q-View you got there.  I bet it tasted better

AWESOME !!!

Outstanding BearView, as usual !!!

You always point out one pic as a BearView, but you usually show from 2 to 8 pics that qualify as BearViews!! (last 2 on this thread)

I wish I could take pics like that ! 

Thanks Rap !

Bear

PS: Out Of Bacon ?!?!----Me too, until Saturday!

Last edited:
Somebody posted  some really good chicken that had a thick crust of rub on it.  That got me thinking about crumbs or cornmeal.  Now Raptor has posted this great looking tenderloin, so I know it will work.  I can't wait to try a crumb and rub mix with the olive oil.

Good luck and good smoking

WHAT!!!!!!!

NO BACON???????

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

sheesh

Craig

Wouldn't you know it?  It was Raptor that posted that delicious looking chicken I was talking about.  LOL

Good luck and good smoking.

Looks delicious!! Great Job!!

I have a chunk of tenderloin in the freezer and the smoker is going to work this weekend. I have got to give that a try!!

IMHO - if you are making MOINKs and fatties, you are going to run out of bacon!!

Great pics

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky