converting to electric

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh, I was thinking the fan would just circulate the air inside the cooking chamber, not draw in fresh air. That's a different scenario to think about.

Oh, I was thinking the fan would just circulate the air inside the cooking chamber, not draw in fresh air. That's a different scenario to think about.
yea so I'm guessing just have it cycle with the element?

Try this for the fan wiring.
Element ON/OFF switch ON: When the PID sends a 12V signal for the SSR to turn on the Element, it will also turn on the 12V fan. (Element-ON, Fan-ON). When the PID turns OFF the signal to the SSR to turn the element OFF, Fan turns OFF

Element ON/OFF switch OFF: When PID sends signal that would normally turn on SSR, ON/OFF switch blocks the voltage to the SSR but Voltage to the fan is still present.

Be advised the fan will pulse and appear to run at slower speeds when the Temp in the cook chamber is at or near the programmed setting.
this switch work?

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=32&products_id=293

I'm going to put one on for the fan and the element

Yea I figured they are cheaper but that's what was I from the of me. Trust me I shop around for the small stuff

So I got all my stuff, smd-200 ssr box probes and what not. I'm looking a the best way to connect the wires from the PID to the probe connectors (pt1000) am I better off sotering the wires to the 1/4" plugs?

Al's of

Are you talking about soldering the wires to the spade connectors visible in those plastic plugs?

I'd be a bit leery of soldering directly to those, you might melt the plastic connector. I'd be more inclined to keep spade connectors on them, crimped to the wires, like what appears to be done on the left-hand plug.

Sorry if I misunderstood the question.

No you're right bud. I just didn't like how loose they were.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky