Communicating in Movie Quotes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
my favorite one
"One death is a tragedy; a million is a statistic"

“A job? Cow punching?

No, marshaling.

Marshaling? In Tombstone? Well, good luck to ya, Mr.?

Earp, Wyatt Earp.”

Will try an add a seasonal flair and finally starting to this one on the holiday rotation...

Wife asks me what we should get someone for Christmas: "TOWEL!"

Last edited:
Wife and I were trying to see how many quotes we could come up with from The Princess Bride.

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Inconceivable!

Have fun storming the castle!

Surrender!
You mean you wish to surrender to me? Very well, I accept.

Get used to disappointment.

Life IS pain, Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something.

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders — the most famous of which is, “Never get involved in a land war in Asia” — but only slightly less well-known is this: “Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line”! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

There’s a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours.

When I was your age, television was called books.

Good night, Westley. Good work. Sleep well. I’ll most likely kill you in the morning.

After a particularly satisfying eructation, the Hagrid aphorism, “Better out than in”.

Wife when I’m leaving: “Have fun storming the castle!”

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
From the Wizard of Oz

" Toto, I've got a feeling We're not in Kansas anymore"

Chris

From the Wizard of Oz

" Toto, I've got a feeling We're not in Kansas anymore"

Chris
And...

"If I only had a brain" !

Years ago I was in the post office sorting mail, the clerk that was working that day asked if I knew what song I was whistling. Turned around, looked at her and said didn't even know I was whistling... all she said was ... if I only had a brain! Guess I had recently watched the Wizard of Oz!

Ryan

From another of my favorite movies:

"He's bona fide!"
"My hair!"
"The whole d*** state's goin' Ape-ey!"
"Do...not...seek...the...treasure!"
"Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!"
"Even if that did put you square with the Lord, the State of Mississippi's a little more hard-nosed."
"I'm the d*** paterfamilias!"

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky