Cocktail Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 12, 2017
San Francisco East Bay area, CA
Well... This is Len Poli's recipe from A to Z with one exception only - I added some MSG. Used 22-24mm sheep casing (PITA - especially while linking).... I was planning to make cocktail sausage long time ago but always there was something else to make.... Finally this happened and I am very-very pleased with the result. The sausage tastes a little sweet (just very little) because there is some honey in this recipe. Each sausage was linked at approximately 2" of length... Small sausage size is very convenient, especially when you having several beers! :emoji_wink: I didn't make pictures during the preparations and smoking but have a few final picks:
Blooming on the rack after smoking...
IMG_2600.jpg

Before slicing...
IMG_2601.jpg

Sliced for taste test...

IMG_2602.jpg
IMG_2603.jpg

Ready for vac packing....

IMG_2605.jpg

Thank you for watching....

Attachments

• IMG_2605.jpg
    IMG_2605.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2605.jpg
    IMG_2605.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 3
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky