chuck roast for dinner tonight

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

krusher

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 31, 2008
rocky mount, virginia
We got the flu goin round the house down here, kids had it during the week and now me and the wife have it. IT SUCKS !! Last night we had all the kids out of the house for the night and me and the wife went to sleep at 8:00 ! Anyway enough griping, I got a chuck roast out of the freezzer and put mustard and jeffs rub on it and using my apple wood that I got in the mail. thanks rich!

are these pics smaller than my usual ones or the same size? I resized the on photobucket but I can't tell.

Plan on eating about 9:00.
biggrin.gif

yeah I thought I would pull it, gonna take it to around 210 I am thinking, last one I took to 200 didn't wana pull to good and I ended up slicing it.

almost thought about a chuck, buying one that is, to smoke this we. but i held off. now i can see how yours turns out and mebe do one in future,,, cant wait for finaly!!!

Chuck roasts are one of my favorites to smoke 'cause they're simple and tasty when finished. I'm almost willing to say the meat is more tasty than the brisket
cool.gif

Hope you and the wife feel better! At least you'll be eating good!

Looks like a great start!

well here it is, I don/t know what I have done wrong, perhaps just bad luck, I checked my probes and they are accurite, but I took this one to 215 and still had to slice it. But it was real good. I made some baked mac-n-cheese to go with it. Hope you all have a good rest of the weekend.

I have not tried a chuckie yet...yours looks really good even if it is sliced..
that baked mac n cheese is looking really dog gone tastey.I have mac n cheese envy now!
I hope you all get to feeling better soon, and enjoy the rest of your weekend Krusher!

Depends on the type of chuck. Some pull, some pull partially, so don't wanna pull at all
PDT_Armataz_01_07.gif

My butcher told me to look for an Underblade Chuck for pulling.

they still taste good though
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Krusher, you are a strong dedicated man! Got the flu and still smokin. That looks great, i wish i had some more points to give cuz that is def. pointworthy. Ill try to hit u with one later. Mac-n-cheec from the oven or the smoker? Either way it looks super yumm.

Krusher, did you foil it? I can guarantee that if you foil at 180' with some liquid and take it to 220' it will fall apart.

Nice job anyway, it still looks good and Im sure tasted good.

Good luck.

Yeah man I did foil it and put in some worchestershire sauce, and took it to 215, I guess flashis right, some just aren't for pullin. But the knife went right through it.

It's from the oven, I have been making it for my wife since we got together, it's a family recipe, and she is'nt quite ready to try a side out of the smoker, but she loves the meat out of it.

I must be lucky, my wife thinks up sides to put in the smoker. Looks like you had an awfully good meal. Nice Job.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky