Chicken skin crisp?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's always the way I do it. Not that we should be eating the skin any way
icon_wink.gif
I even use my gasser and it works fine for crisping them up. 15 minutes usually does it right, but as said, watch for the flare ups.

From Smoker

After the Gasser

PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

I just use a rub that is based on salt.. not just salt, but there are times where the brine or injection are strong, and all I do is Salt and pepper. It really does not take much. If you were using a shaker it would be the same amount as what you would shake on for dinner.

My typical spritz for just about everything is 1/3 Apple vinager, 2/3 high quality apple cider like "simply apple". Sometimes I will add a jigger of booze. My favorite lately has been Patron orange liquer. 80 proof and pricey, but great in a margarita too!

I just smoked a turkey thigh. when it was done, I stripped off the skin, put it between two sheets of parchment and roasted at 425 in the oven for about ten minutes. Five with the fat side up, then flipped for another five. A couple minutes of resting and I had a fantastic crunchy skin crisp. No muss, no fuss.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky