Cheesesteak Hot Pockets (Step by Step)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Looks good and a great quick meal. I showed Bev how good these looked. She replied, " Oh yeah, my Mom made them.." 
icon_eek.gif
 Wish she would had said something sooner, I would have liked to try thim by now...JJ
Thank You Jimmy!!

Bear

Fantastic idea, John.  Those look simple and great--what a combination!!!!

Afraid I'm in the same boat as Richie--I've never seen shaved steak.  I'm guessing you could make them from a beef roast??

points.gif

Gary
Thank You Gary!!

Sure--You could do that----Just slice it paper thin.

And Thanks for the Points!

Bear

Not here to hijack your thread Bear, but wanted to share these pics with you and thank you again, these were AMAZING!  Someone please tell me proper etiquette on where to post these if this is the wrong spot.  I had those steaks lefover like I mentioned..topped with leftover carmelized onion, mushrooms, banana peppers and gouda cheese.  Thanks again Bear!!

Pics are out of order, not sure how that happened, and I'm certain I don't know how to fix that

That looks Great, Jeep!!!
icon14.gif

Mighty Tasty!!
drool.gif

The best thing to do would be to go back to my first post, on this thread.

Then at the top, and click on Beef.

Then when you get to the "Beef" Forum, click on New Post.

Then Post what you posted here, and give it a Subject line "Title".

Then you'll have your own Thread for everybody to see, comment on, and Give Points to you.

Bear

Last edited:

Looks good bear!!! I will have to try this - POINTS

DS
Thank You DS !!

And Thanks for the Points!

Bear
Points! Looks great Bear! These will hit the spot with all the lousy PA weather we're having.

If you get a chance, I make something similar. I use chopped up pastrami, shredded Swiss cheese and sauerkraut. Mix it all up in a bowl and mix in a few tablespoons of thousand island dressing...and you have yourself a nice Reuben pocket.
Thank You Xray!!

That Sounds Great !!

And Thanks for the Points!!

Bear

Reactions: gearjammer
That's quite a novel idea - we must give it a whirl!
points.gif

I have not had a chance to do breakfast or lunch today, and am drooling as I look at that last pic!

That's quite a novel idea - we must give it a whirl!
points.gif

I have not had a chance to do breakfast or lunch today, and am drooling as I look at that last pic!
Thank You Sir!!

It was a shame I didn't have an onion, because these could have used some Fried Onions to top them off.

And Thanks for the Points!!

Bear

excellent !!  and because of these leftover items we bought a toaster oven as for our taste microwave just to soft... works great for open face pulled pork with cheese or enclosed things like this or chimi's ect.. we've done things like that and deep fried but now eyes open for healthy baked...

excellent !!  and because of these leftover items we bought a toaster oven as for our taste microwave just to soft... works great for open face pulled pork with cheese or enclosed things like this or chimi's ect.. we've done things like that and deep fried but now eyes open for healthy baked...
Thank You Sir!!

I agree---They all have their uses----I like to reheat Pizza in the Nuk-U-Later, but things like these gotta go in an oven.

Bear

I'm not sure whether looking at this forum makes me hungry or whether I only drift over here when I am hungry. Missing smoking as my wife is going through a spell of Asthma and she asked me to desist for a while.

Sorry I am late Bear, I missed it.

When in the service we both learned a lot of new stuff (food being some of the least offensive), cheese steaks was one of mine. <Chuckles> Let me tell ya it'd have to be a bad mix up at the shipping docks for me to expect to see shaved steak in a meat counter here. Of course you'd not expect to see a Oyster poboy there probably either.....

I came to really like cheese steaks, french dips, and meatball grinders! Your sandwich looks really good and brings back some late nights at the barracks especially the week before payday. LOL I was in A or B school and learned about the "Roach Coach", the food van that made the circuit every night ..... LOL  I was a poor dumb southern country boy and was amazed, these folks just drove to your area and had hot almost food. It was another wonder of the NE. 

Your steak looks great, now I have a question, what is shaved for that meat? Is it thin sliced prime rib? I have tried that but could never cut it thin enough.

Its all your fault, you know now I am going to need to find a way to make one. LOL, and thank you for that.

Great sandwich idea, and a great looking sammie.

I'm not sure whether looking at this forum makes me hungry or whether I only drift over here when I am hungry. Missing smoking as my wife is going through a spell of Asthma and she asked me to desist for a while.
Sorry to hear that---Hope she pulls out of that quickly!!!

My Best to you both!!

Bear

Sorry I am late Bear, I missed it.

When in the service we both learned a lot of new stuff (food being some of the least offensive), cheese steaks was one of mine. <Chuckles> Let me tell ya it'd have to be a bad mix up at the shipping docks for me to expect to see shaved steak in a meat counter here. Of course you'd not expect to see a Oyster poboy there probably either.....

I came to really like cheese steaks, french dips, and meatball grinders! Your sandwich looks really good and brings back some late nights at the barracks especially the week before payday. LOL I was in A or B school and learned about the "Roach Coach", the food van that made the circuit every night ..... LOL  I was a poor dumb southern country boy and was amazed, these folks just drove to your area and had hot almost food. It was another wonder of the NE. 

Your steak looks great, now I have a question, what is shaved for that meat? Is it thin sliced prime rib? I have tried that but could never cut it thin enough.

Its all your fault, you know now I am going to need to find a way to make one. LOL, and thank you for that.

Great sandwich idea, and a great looking sammie.
Thank You Foamy!!

I would gladly trade you a Nice Cheesesteak for one of those "Oyster Poboys"

I believe the Shaved Steak comes from anything from Round Steak to Ribeye, but when sliced so thin it's hard to tell which it is.

The Brand we used in this Step by Step has very little Gristle, if any. Not so with some other brands.

And Thanks for the Points.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky