checking in

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chuckthemillerman

Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
Iam new to this fourm and just looking around here and getting to know the lay out of this form . I hope I can dring as much to this forum as I get out of it. Abit about me iam in north east missouri and have been smoking for about 10 years and have built my own smoker a reverse flow indirect heat iam a kcbs judge and do about 5 or 6 comps each year

Chuck,

Welcome aboard the SMF. You'll fit right in, lots of friendly folks of all levels here. Everyone is willing to share their experiences. Sounds like you'll bring alot to the table!

Just by the look of my spelling there I look pretty bad , iam sorry about that iam comming down had to see the doc today put me on some pain meds for a bad tooth . I was on cloud nine for a bit there . I look forword to helping out any way I can

Welcome. Good to have you. Don't worry about the spelling. Some of us spell like that, even without the meds.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Enjoy yourself and get feeling better.

Skip

Welcome to the forum. My posts take 3 times as long to post becuase I have to correct all my spelling too. No worries. As long as you can spell TBS you are golden here.

What type of smokers are around here ie gas , charcoal, pellet , mine is all hard wood i can use gas it has a 150 thousand btu back up but will only use if all else fails or maybe on a all nite hog cook I will set the gas so as to catch some sleep if the meat temp is over 140 so it will not need anymore smoke .

Chuck, nice to have you join us. You'll find just about every kind of smoker here from home-built to store bought; electrics to wood burners. The only thing that we don't have that I know of is a solar smoker, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if someone wasn't trying to get a handle on that one!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Enjoy!

Hmm, good idea Dutch. :)

Welcome to the forum Chuckthemillerman! There are several wood burners here (including me).
Looking forward to your Qviews!
smile.gif

this is a couple of pics of my smoker it is a homemade that I built about two years ago lets see if this will work I think it did work

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky