CHEAP Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jarhead1979

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 10, 2015
Farmersville, TX
Just throwing this out there for some input...

I came across some packer briskets at WalMart, yesterday. They were selling for about $1.98/lb. The thing that threw me for a loop was that they were labeled USDA PRIME. I haven't purchased a prime brisket before, I usually go with choice, but I thought that the prime ones were generally much more expensive. Were they priced wrong? Were they labeled incorrectly?

R/

Jarhead

Roger that, Al! I'll grab a few on the way home today. Gonna have to throw some of the wife's groceries out of the BB-Fridge in the garage. I keep telling her the BB stands for Booze and Barbeque, but she won't listen.

Kicking myself in the backside pretty hard right about now... of course, they were all gone by the time I made it back. Lesson learned.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky