Celebration of induction into the OTBS Butt

Discussion in 'Pork' started by johnd49455, Oct 6, 2007.

1. johnd49455

johnd49455 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I am about to smoke this.

7.58# Butt

2. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

you mean "thin blue smoke this" right ???

3. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

got pics of my butt........and the beer SHOVED up the arse of a chicken last nite......cooled it per the you tube vid............fried up the skin and added to the meat..........added a mixture of half sweet baby's and famouse daves bbq sauce........mixed well....onions, cheese and a whole wheat bun.........no pics of the sandwich......didn't last that long........hehehe

will post all this tomorrow

d8de

4. walking dude

btw.......nice move to another thread....so we don't clog up the OTBS thread

good thinking john

d8de

5. johnd49455

It is rubbed & ready

smoker is coming up to temp & the cherry is pre-warming on the SFB

I even have a couple warming on the top of the fire pit.

6. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Positivly COZY! Pass a beer... I'm in for the eve!

7. walking dude

nice cherry sticks.........

man wish i could stumble cross summin like that round here

can't wait for the q-view

d8de

8. johnd49455

got lots of cherry cut this pile from a scrap pile from a local farmer[​IMG]

In the green box is apple[​IMG]

9. gypsyseagod

how do i spell- YOU LUCKY DOG

10. johnd49455

It's finally on & ready to start smoking[​IMG]

11. hay johnd4955 how about a pic of your fire so I can just see the size of it. Might help a newbie like myself. My smoker looks to be the size of yours. Does your rub turn black when the smoking is over? Do you use striaght wood?? I like the block of wood with the temp probe going in it good idea. I need to do that.

12. smoke_it_up

smoke_it_up Smoke Blower

thought that was last nights meal john. either way it already look deliciouse. hell of alot better than the pork bbq i had earlier 2night at the elem. school or a family night.

13. walking dude

scottdove.........man you WANT that black........on abutt........thats BARK.......to me its the best part..................chop it up along with the pork.........YUM..........

darn......makes me want to put MINE on........but have to wait till in the morning........shux........heheh

d8de

14. dont mind black if it tastes good but black burnt is not good. Tried some ribs for the first time and my dog would literally not eat them. ha ha I will not give up though.

15. johnd49455

As you can see mostly lump charcoal only 2 pieces of wood & it is still running a bit hot.

I almost never close any of the vents & if it gets to hot prop the firebox doore open to let out some of the heat.

The wood block for the thermo probe is thanks to BBQ Bubba, Thanks Steve

16. I had to laugh out loud after seeing that. I forget I am cooking meat not trying to heat the house. I wish you could have seen the fire I had you would have laughed to. thanks for the picture. That will help me out for sure. have a good night john.

17. johnd49455

100* & first mop.

18. ba_loko

ba_loko Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

"I like big butts and I cannot lie....all you other brothers cannot deny"....okay, that's the only rapping I know, and my son taught it to me. [​IMG]

Lookin' good, Jon. Very good!

Again, welcome to the Order.

19. johnd49455

3rd hour now 2nd mop lookin good

20. gypsyseagod

ok i'm now hungry yesterday ... p.s. did the 129f of 240 f come from opening the pit ? i know how it is taking pics......