Caught Red Handed....

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by ellymae, Aug 13, 2011.

1. ellymae

ellymae Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Or should I say hooved...

We have been going through bird seef like nobodies business lately... now we know why.

This is about 25 yards from my back door and these pics are taken through the glass -

You looking at me? YOU LOOKING AT ME????

/ message sig

2. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Bears are also known to like bird seen, Did not know Deer are too

3. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Summer sausage with legs!!! MMMMMM!

Craig

4. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Bird seed!?!  They fatten better on CORN...Nothing better than having your meat delivered, YUM!...JJ

5. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Great pics and they have to eat too [​IMG]

ellymae likes this.
  6. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

[​IMG]mmmmmmmmm back strap [​IMG]At deer camp that's in the skillet first thing.That's for all the help dragging and cleaning.Just one side though.Were not greedy just hungry.

7. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Ellymae, evenin'...........throw out corn.......birds like corn too.........if you notice the deer eatin' the corn.......shoot the deer........ let the autobon society know you are protecting their loved-ones..........

slow smoke the deer with bacon slithered throughout the meat with one of those needle things. Corn on the cob, apple pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, stuff some garlic in the meat also, call me...........call me anything you want.......just invite me and bride over.......

8. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Real cool shots there, thanks for posting them..

9. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

must be twins ?   Nice pic

10. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great photo's!

11. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hmmmm.... now if you put out a salt lick block and sprinkled it with some #1 pink cure, are you going to have some cured and smoked venison hams?  JUST KIDDING!  LOL! [​IMG]

12. Very cool pics and nice green rolling Grass.

13. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Awesome pictures Elly, especially considering it's through the glass (hard to believe).

My feeders are too high, but the deer & the Turkey's help clean up under the feeders.

Last year, when there was 3' of snow on the ground, a Button Buck with a badly busted front left leg spent about an hour every day there.

Thanks for the pics,

Bear

14. ellymae

I came downstairs this morning and they were back at the feeder. Yesterday while we were at Tractor Supply we picked up a block od food for them and put it back by the peach tree they like to snack at. The forst one saw it and was really leary of it - knew it was new and avoided it. Came back about an hour later and they were chowing down on it. Love watching it. Put the dog out and they watched her, but they never moved. Fortunately she couldn't care less about them so no need to chase her into the woods.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  15. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Cool picks, keep fattening them up. [​IMG]

16. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

No QVIEW?

Good luck and good smoking.

17. garyinmd

garyinmd Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Ellymae, cool pictures.

We have a wooded backyard and have visitors all the time.  I have seen them snooping around the bird feeder but usually they just keep the area around it cleaned up.  We are in a populated neighborhood and I think they have gotten use to people, don't seem to care if I am on deck taking pictures like these I took these last January.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fun to watch when they come through the back, used to see a lot of fox but have not seen them for awhile.

Thanks

Gary.

18. ellymae

Beautiful - thanks for sharing!

19. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    and that's why yer the trusted one 'round these parts!

20. miamirick

miamirick Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

nice view from the back door, hope you got a porch so you can sit and watch them

dont let em sneak up on you!

[​IMG]