Cart Modification for MES. Nice!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I was thinking of doing something like this.  Thank you for showing your work.  Should be really helpful in doing my own.

Yep Just ordered this cart, I will be doing about the same mods?? Not for sure still searching for Ideas, Got this one off e-bay new for 78.00 free shipping. 

DS 

Would this fit the 30" MES with the cold smoke attachment?  RimRock, I see that you built an extension, but was wondering if it may not be necessary for the 30".

Nice carts!  I'm looking for a solution to get my MES off of the ground with either a cart or casters also.

I'm going to have to get my brother to take me over to Sam's Club to check out the item.  Thanks for the cart mod idea!

Great idea and nice post.  I built a box with a drawer and wheels to both elevate it and make it easier to move.  But when the MES was mounted it was top heavy and tipsy.  Your idea looks better.

Just got mine in last night mostly put together

Just have to finish the ends there i cut for the side shelves, The last basket I had I cut using a metal saw blade on my hand held jig saw and then cleaned up the rough ends with the grinder. Will put a piece of stained plywood on the ends of the side shelves to finish things up.

This was a great project and at this time it was a great purchase for $80 + Free shipping.

A full smoker is a happy smoker

DS :sausage:

Last edited:
Looks-Great.gif
 & CONGRATS on a nice modification of an existing and capable cart.  I just purchased a Smokin-it, model 3  smoker, but shun the thought of buying their cart for $199.99+ shipping.  Once it arrives and I get good measurements, your idea will inspire me to also seek a cheaper and very effective alternative, given a little ingenuity and minimal effort. 

YOU ROCK!
th_INGardenbbq7.gif

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky