Calling all Oklahomans

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Members' started by owlcreeksmoker4, Nov 28, 2011.

1. owlcreeksmoker4

owlcreeksmoker4 Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

Hey I've gotten this group started so all of us oklahomans can get together and discuss good cookin, and maybe meet up this summer for some good cookouts.

2. sunman76

sunman76 Master of the Pit

[​IMG]  I know there is some okies around here

3. owlcreeksmoker4

yah hard part is just roundin them all up

4. tulsajeff

tulsajeff Master of the Pit Staff Member Administrator OTBS Member

That is the hard part for sure.. I can tell you that we definitely have a huge following from Oklahoma and I would love to see something get organized to get folks together. Even if it's smaller get togethers for all the folks within 100  miles or so. That could then escalate into something bigger..

Just stay after it.. we'll get 'em here one way or another[​IMG]

5. sunman76

bump [​IMG]

I think a get together would be great after seeing the good time the Florida boys had[​IMG]

the Arbuckles would be a cool place to meet up not too far from I 35.   [​IMG]

some time like mid spring time or so just not when it is hot..lol

It would be great to meet some fellow smoking okies...

6. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

It would be great to have an Okie gathering. :)

7. owlcreeksmoker4

I agree man, we just gotta get more of us in the group. i think the major problem is people finding it

8. austinl

austinl Smoking Fanatic

I found it!  I'm typing this on a freakin' tablet while I smoke a meatloaf.  I like the idea of getting together next summer.  I'm from the metro area but I drive a delivery truck all over the south part of the state and I see lots of smokers out there!

9. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Hey ya'll... glad to see this group started.  Nice call Owl!  A summer get-togethr would be cool!  By the way, anyone watchin' the beatdown OSU is puttin' on the Sooners in the Bedlam game?  It's been a tough year for die hard Sooner fans, but I'm glad for the Pokes, they are having a great year.

10. owlcreeksmoker4

Where is a decent neutral ground for all of us? It's about a 40 min drive from my house to Arbuckle, but I would def do it for a gathering like this. and Lol the cowboys had to get one eventually, and yes, watching my boys have so many injuries and tough losses has been rough. but the pokes deserve it this year for sure

11. austinl

austinl Smoking Fanatic

Middle ground? Motorcycle gets 50 mpg so whatever is good for 'yall.  We've got a couple seasons to figure it out.

12. owlcreeksmoker4

very true lol gettin ahead of myself.

13. bsmhaze

bsmhaze Fire Starter

Count me in! I'm working on some TBS right now....all night brisket in the works!

14. owlcreeksmoker4

heck ya be sure to post some qview

15. Hope the fact that I transplanted to Texas doesn't exclude me. 

16. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

As far as I'm concerned you'd be MORE than welcome Big Bob! [​IMG]

I have no preference on the location..... as long as the drought and burn bans aren't a problem. [​IMG]

17. Finally someone that will understand what bolo is!

Sent from my Infuse using tapatalk

18. sunman76

bump....... see if anyone else is out there

19. fitz

fitz Newbie

+1 more Okie

20. rustyford

rustyford Fire Starter

Add on more that would like to get together somewhere. Like AustinL said. The bike gets good milage and I could stand to learn a few things from you guys.