Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shapp76

Original poster
Sep 19, 2016
Back at it again and trying different things. Lucked up at Sam's and got a prime whole brisket. I couldn't believe so I bought two of em! Trimmed and injected with Butcher's for 8 hrs. Fired the Egg up this morning and trying out the new temp of 275. Just pulled it off to wrap in butcher paper. I've never had a brisket look this good at this point in the cooking process. Just hope I get to to the finish line with a great product!

Attachments

• IMG_8128.JPG
    IMG_8128.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 103
Nice, how much did it weight and how long it take or is it still going?

How did it turn out?
Al
i was disappointed. my gf said it was great, but it wasnt what i was looking for as far as moistness. im gonna foil it next time instead of butcher paper to see if that makes a difference. i let it rest in the cooler for 4 hours but it wasnt as moist as i thought it should be

IMG_6760.PNG
IMG_6761.PNG
I plan on getting a fat seperator and pouring the natural juices over the brisket after slicing. I wanna get the one without the valve so I don't have to worry about it going out and leaking. China made stuff don't last long lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky