Brisket Pizza Q/VIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I love Tyler Florence's italian stuff - it is always simple and elegant - a lot like me.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Pizza Sauce
Recipe by Tyler Florence

Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 (28-ounce) can tomato puree
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 teaspoon dried basil
Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste

Directions
Over medium heat, heat oil in a saucepan until hot.
Add all ingredients, cover and bring to a boil. Uncover, lower heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.

Ill have a look at that sauce,,,seems its always the old school lookin cans that are the best

There is a pizza joint here in BOise called Whitewater Pizza. They do a hot hawaiian pizza with a sourdough crust, smoked chicken, the sauce is a bbq sauce that is heavy on tomato and brown sugsr, and then top with pineapple, jalapenos, crumbled bacon, mozz, and romano. It is heaven with a heartstopping kick. I am gonna hafta try someting like that with the L/O briskit I have from Sat. Good one DIV I wouldn't have thought of it. Man My mouth is watering........

yeah looks like it turned out to be a popular pie lol the smoked chicken sounds great also...

Only bad thing is I ran out of brisket this morning ehhh doing babybacks on fri,,,who knows I might babysit another 12 hour hunko cow on sat.

OK this got me thinking about this sauce. So I created some sauce the approximates the sauce on the pizza I mentioned. I will post the recipe in the appropiate thread but man oh man DIV you really started something here!!!

I find NOTHING simple about that crackpot's recipes. Perhaps it's good stuff, and he's good looking for TV and such- but no way I'd have the patience nor the inclination to use any of them. I seen a braised brisket recipe with 27! ingredients! Come ON!
/rantoff ;{)

C'mon Rich don't sugar coat it!!! you know holding back just makes your alredy clogged arteries swell!! Tell us how you really feel......LOL

Div,
your pizza smells wonderful..oh I mean looks wonderful..for a minute there I could smell it....
You gotta try tacos...those are ymmmy....you can even use it in a machaca recipe for burritos....brisket hash for breakie is yummy too!!
thanks for sharing....

looks good div!!! if i have any left sometimes i will have to try that out. nice use for leftovers!!!

dang i love ham and pinapple pizza. brisket and pine apple. wow. sounds awesome. i just got one last night. brisket that is. i have a few in freezor. but this one aint gonna make it there. its going on the coals in the next day or so.
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky