Brisket from Walmart. Any good?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
New to the forum.  I just bought my first brisket, a 6 pounder from Costco.  It seems to be about 1.5 inches thick throughout; is this likely just the flat?  Any differences in cooking this?

Hello RBGilbert2!

Would you mind swinging by Roll Call and introducing yourself so we can give you a proper SMF Welcome? 

Sounds like a flat. Just going to have to keep an eye on it since it is smaller. Is there much fat on it? That will help to keep it moist, if not you might want to consider some bacon strips on top of it.

I just smoked a 8 # brisket from Walmart, it was great. Took 10 - 12 hrs with over nite in the oven @ 225 dgr.

Used my home made rub.

Smoker Bill

yes sams club and walmart are owned by same parent company, but sams gets several items that walmart dose not and their suppliers are not always the same but i understand your post, but to clarify walmart carries  some items sam's dose not  and  sams carries items wally word wont, so they share many suppliers but not all

yes sams club and walmart are owned by same parent company, but sams gets several items that walmart dose not and their suppliers are not always the same but i understand your post, but to clarify walmart carries  some items sam's dose not  and  sams carries items wally word wont, so they share many suppliers but not all
Thanks for clarifying, Joe. I just assumed since they were owned by the same company their stuff all came from the same place.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky