Brisket flat??? UPDATE.. Stuffed brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
I have a small piece of brisket ( I think part of a flat ) That is maybe 3 or 4 pounds.  It is also cut for stuffing I want to cook up to slice.

I will be using my uds.

I need some info on cooking this thing.

Should I worry about it being sliced in the middle?

Thanks

When you say sliced down the middle, I am assuming it is a "filet" type cut and not just chopped in half correct? I guess just make sure it stays closed during cooking to ensure it won't dry out. Butcher twine might help with that. On a positive note, you can get better penetration when you marinade and rub it, so maybe consider doing that....?

Ya, it pretty much has a pocket cut in it to stuff it.

Thanks David.

About how long will it take??

Temp 250??

What IT for slicing??

well looks like the bbq police r gunna be called on this one.. brisket cut for stuffing? whos responsible for this? lol.
My butcher. Told them I wanted a brisket and this is what I got.

Last edited:

Smoke away. It will dry out a litte from the slit. 
If any parts of it do dry out a little then they can simply be used to make more burnt ends... mmmm Nothing need go to waste.

Even some of my prime brisket gets put aside to make some burnt ends as my wife just loves them.

Smoke away. It will dry out a litte from the slit. You can add something to the pocket if you want. Maybe mushrooms, onions, or jalapenos

Happy smoken.

David
yeahthat.gif

Tie it up and let 'er go!

Good luck with it!

Thanks, I also thought about stuffing it with peppers and onions then tying it up.

Will post pics. 

We love garlic.

Ok, going to stuff with peppers,onion and garlic.  Wrapping in foil around 3 hour mark.

Should I pre cook the stuffing?

Thanks David. Q coming tomorrow.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky