Brisket Cutting/Cooking Time Question?????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That is what I plan to do if it should end up ready before lunch time.  Eating early is always ok.  Eating late with these folks, not so much.  And yes, I cook on Father's Day.  I figure it's kinda like buying my own gift.  I always get exactly what I wanted!!!!

Are you referring to the "wrap/towel/cooler" method?

Yep, wrap in a few layers of foil, then the towels & cooler..... That will stay warm for ya for a good while...... I wrapped a Boston butt earlier this week real heavy in foil, then the towels & cooler... Packing a couple extra towels in the bottom of the cooler & on top...... Butt rested for 4 hrs and was still real hot for the pull..... Good luck & I will be lookin for your thread !

Everyone helps, everyone learns...... believe me, I am corrected more than accepted. LOL

Thanks for jumping in here on this thread Foam, it's appreciated ! Matt for future, Mr. Foamheart is a wealth of knowledge & is a super great guy on here !

I'm leaning towards 6:00 PM right now.  That way if it gets stubborn and decides to go all the way to noon on Sunday, that gives me 18 good hours.

Good plan, that's a great lookin packer ya have there ! Ya sending out care packages ? If so, throw me on the list ! :biggrin: LOL

Ready for an injection I learned here on SMF.

2 Cups beef broth
 1/4 cup worcestershire
 1tsp onion powder
 1 tsp garlic powder
 1/2 tsp cayenne

Wrapped in plastic, nice and tight, and put to bed in the fridge overnight.  This afternoon I will remove from the wrap and season with my rub and onto the smoker.  "Q" views will continue throughout the process.  It helps me feel like you are all in this with me!!!

Even managed to keep all my fingers in tact.  I'd say that's a success!!!

Took them out of the fridge and applied a first coating of rub mixture I have come up with and keep in an old spice bottle.  I call it GA Red Clay (because of the color and because I'm from the great state of Georgia).  It is equal parts SPOG, and 1/2 amounts of sweet paprika (which gives the color) and cumin.

One final dusting with GA Red Clay rub and then into the smoker they went @ 225 degrees.  Using a blend of hickory and mesquite woods.  All that is left to do now is sit back and wait and let them do their thing.

Lookin good Matt, I'll be watchin ! Thumbs Up

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky