Brisket & Butts & Chicken & Ribs... Oh My!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Weev,

I double seal both sides of my vac bags when I know I’ll be putting them in the sous vide. Just an extra precaution. Never had a bag leak (knock on wood) but don’t ever want to have to deal with that.

Scott

Brown,

Dinner club is kind of a big deal around here. Lol! Everyone is always trying to impress. And I had a lot of pork to cook for a hrc test lunch coming up in June. Lot of hungry people to feed.

Scott

Dcecil,

I’m sure you could pull it off now. It’s all about timing with this many proteins. Just figure out your timing. Always best to get stuff done early.

Thanks
Scott

Thank you sir.

It’s really not that bad if everything goes as planned (which it rarely does). Having a smoker quit on me, and then having a few other issues had me not to happy Friday evening, and then again Saturday morning but we managed through it. A lot of help from the wife for sure.

Scott

Thanks ghoster!

People enjoyed dinner and that’s all that matters. Now it’s time to start pulling the old mes apart and see if it’s worth fixin.

Scott

135E547A-1AED-4A45-8C7E-282BA6949710.jpeg

Almost forgot! When I pulled the brisket I separated the flat & the point and wrapped the point up for use on another day. Well I decided not to freeze it so that day came last night!

Some nice burnt ends were made last night.

Scott

Thanks gator! Had a great time all weekend long.

Scott

62419316-9AAC-48CF-AA89-A8185C58E457.jpeg

Some butter & the sous vide & this fresh cut asparagus from the farm is gonna add nice to these bbq leftovers!

061AC15B-0FD0-4259-9E78-D05C0DAA473A.jpeg

Some brisket & ribs & that sv asparagus. The sv is the way to cook the asparagus for sure! Never had it better!

096C69FA-23B3-440F-B9C7-D3CA2C7CADB0.jpeg

Few ribs, and the last of the brisket slices sealed and heading to the freezer. Nice and easy to heat up in the sv at a later date!

Reactions: crazymoon
Thanks crazymoon!

Everyone seemed to enjoy it so it was worth it!

Scott

Great looking smoke for sure! Im also curious how you reheat your sealed meats/veggies. Do you boil them in the bag or open them out of the bag and nuke them?

Sorry Husker just saw this question.

I use the sous vide cooker to reheat everything. Its maybe the best use out of all the great uses for the sv! Drop your bag in, set to your temp and let it go for about an hour and your reheated.

I have been setting my temps on reheats to 140 and pulling the bags between 30 minutes and 1 hour depending on how thick the bag is.

If you don’t have a sv you can boil the bags though. I’ve done it in the past. It’s hot though so you don’t need as much time.

Hope this answers your question.

Scott

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky