Brinkman electric smoker gets to hot

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Another way you can get the heat down on this model is by using an extension cord. Make sure it's sufficient to handle the elements load though. A 25' cord will drop the temp a good bit.

I bought a Brinkmann electric smoker today and at grill level it heated up to 350°. Way too hot. I did some research to find a rheostat that can handle 1500 watts, so I can turn it down. Here is what I found and will buy Home Depot Skylink 1500 watt plug in dimmer. ($25.00).

I bought a Brinkmann electric smoker today and at grill level it heated up to 350°. Way too hot. I did some research to find a rheostat that can handle 1500 watts, so I can turn it down. Here is what I found and will buy Home Depot Skylink 1500 watt plug in dimmer. ($25.00).
I've got a crockpot that is really hot on low and was looking into a rheostat.  I'll check it out.

-Kurt

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky