**Bread Mexican Fatties Experiment**w/q/view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Again thanks for the points. Next time I will make a sauce to drizzle over them or maybe just warm up some of the stokes sauce...the left overs from the fillings were great for breakfast burritos this morning. I just can't get over how good these were. I'll be making some this week again.

Wow excellent job
points.gif

wish I was there to help put some of that away

Great looking fatty. And that Chorizo, oh my god does that look soooo much better than the stuff in the stores. Spending a number of years in El Paso, we have come to love the stuff. If I remember right, did you post a thread about your homemade Chorizo? I will have to find it. Great Job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

come on over...lol..thanksThis stuff was actually not "completely" homemade. we used a spice pack from butcher-packer and then added some more kick to it with dried serranos, crushed red peppers, and a must is the vinegar addition. we used apple cider vinegar for this. If I would of had a red wine I would have used that.

That looks pretty dang awesome. I went to the store utilizing my new found motivation with pictures of your finished product dancing merrily in my mind. I got home and realized =I got the wrong Pizza crust (regular). This stuff wont roll out for nothing. I guess the thin crust may be a little easier. I kinda ended up with a calzone or something to that effect .

Well let's make sure to get some q/view...It was a pain in the but to get the biscuit dough rolled out also. Glad to hear I inspired somebody.

Those look amazing. It looks like the pizza one made sort of a calzone type product. My wife really likes fresh breads so this one will have to be tried. Thanks for sharing the idea.

Those look awesome! The dough was perfectly cooked, and the fillings looked spicy, savory, and delicious! MAN those are making me hungry. I will try them for sure!

points.gif

Yet another great cooking idea from this forum! This one is surely worth some
points.gif
!

Excellent Qview and instructions. I will be trying this one (biscuits are a weakness
icon_redface.gif
)

Talk about HoT POCKETS on straroids there. Those things look soooo good that you have to get some
points.gif
sure for creativety and then pulling them out so golden brown and looking mighty tastey too.

I've seen several folks on here take a fatty that's been smoked and then wrap it in a dough and bake it. But this is something I've never seen. Very cool seeing the dough as part of the pinwheel. I just love that look and you did it with bread.

points.gif
to you sir!!!!!! Looks excellent

Thanks guys for all the great responses and the points..I hope we start seeing these pop up now and hear how other people thought they went. Some times I surprise my self..lol..if anyone goes to make some just know you can put the filling right up to the edge where you are going to start rolling it. And I will put more filling in next time do to the dough being more elastic then sausage. again thanks everyone for the points !

Awright...planning to go to the grocery store today to get the stuff, but re-reading the post, apparently one type of canned pizza crust won't work? I checked out the pic at the beginning again and I see you used thin crust dough. According to FLATBROKE the "regular" crust didn't roll out worth beans.

Any idea why? I would think that it would roll out as good if not better.

Any opinions are welcomed before I head out later today
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

Well I had a tough time doing the biscuit dough..but I just re-needed it a lot and rolled like a crazy man...lol..I would think regular pizza dough would work also bud. just maybe a little more work. not to sure tho.

I know I'm late 11 days on this thread, but I gotta tell ya, totally got me in hack. The wife was looking over my shoulder as I was reading this and she said it's gonna be on our next party. (She's into breaded items, such as this). I have just one question: What is Stokes Sauce? I haven't come across that item before? Of course, I'll post my meager attempt at a reproduction of yours. Got any lessons learned you want to pass along?

Man that looks awsome, gives me lots of ideas. Sorry if I missed this, but what type of wood did you use to smoke it with?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky