Blackened rotisserie ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 31, 2014
Michigan
013DFD92-CF98-490C-BDA1-F49F73F340C9.jpeg
1902C14E-E017-40B9-8BE5-307DD839EC83.jpeg
So i was hoping to inject these with that Cajun butter then Cajun spice them but the store was out of the butter. On we go over cherry and pecan some RO and the last of a bag of Stumps.

BEE357D7-E965-4305-9844-2CB98A16AEEC.jpeg
A969EEAC-C02B-485C-ADBF-0DB74755E175.jpeg
Well half this rack was basically shiners and the spice didn’t show in the final product,I will leave blackening to cast iron in the future.

Looks like a recipe for success,butter or not.....

Disappointing,but they can’t all be winners! I even basted with butter and spice built a nice bark but that’s about it.

So what was so bad? Were they to dry if so maybe from high heat or just over cooked. I liked the idea I do a lot of things over open pit and was thinking this would be great.

Warren

Man they look great. You know how I spin my ribs.

Yours look very good.

So what was so bad? Were they to dry if so maybe from high heat or just over cooked. I liked the idea I do a lot of things over open pit and was thinking this would be great.

Warren

They usally are but the spice didn’t come thru at all.

Man they look great. You know how I spin my ribs.

Yours look very good.
Thanks c farmer,I just don’t know how the spice died on the ribs. I haven’t had any luck with beef or pork with Cajun spice on the rotisserie,maybe I need to try chicken.
They sure look good from here!
Al

Thanks Al, I’m just about to finish them off!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky