Big Chuck, Long Smoke W/ Q view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

capt dan

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 2, 2007
I bought this chuck a couple weeks ago.

,Kept it in the fridge to gently age in the cryovac. Rubbed it up last night and injected with 8 ozs. of my beef marinade. Rested for 12 hrs and into the smoke at 6 am. Nice way to start a sunday. It is just over 19 lbs, and boneless.

Here it is after about 4 hrs at 10 am, and the internal was about 122. It is a little over 7 hrs in the smoker now and at 165. I will probably pan and foil at 170. Pic didn't turn out too good(shadows), but she is lookin good and smelling great. Fatty is about to come off in a few just to give me somethin to eat while I smell this thing. I will post some other additions to this thread a little later! Thanks for checkin out my Chucky!
icon_smile.gif

She's at 193 right now almost 11 hrs into the smoke. I figured 12 anyways, so she is on schedule(if there is such a thing). Gonna pull it around 200 and take it out of the pan and double foil and 2 hr rest. I'll get some pics then. Don't usually have these for dinner, but this big dog got done alot quicker than I thought it would, so might have some sammies after the nascar race!
cool.gif

Wish I was there:-)

Looks yummy as usual Dan. Can't wait for the final pics!

Steve

OK, sorry for the delay, had to take off for a bit.
12 hrs on the dot is what it took this chuck roll to get to 200 internal. Resyed in the cooler for 2 hrs.

Here is a pic from the smoker, before the foil and rest! Lotsa juice for later.

This thing was like jelly( or a well smoked Butt) and started to fall apart when I took it from the pan. Here it is after the rest in the cooler, shoved the tongs into the middle and let them spread themselves open.

The taste was way good. I liked my new marinade rub combo. This is by far the best chuck I have done yet, and the largest in one piece ever. Here is the pile after I took 2 sammies out for my neighbor, who had to smell it cookin all day!
icon_smile.gif

Thanks for checkin out my chuck!
icon_wink.gif

That looks outstanding
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
as usual another fine job!!!!!!!!!

sweet lookin chuck roast dan, so... the big question.....brisket or chuck???????????? great lookin smoke!!!

Thanks folks. Richtee, my butcher says that it isn't a shoulder clod. I have done a couple of them before too. They are big also.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...=shoulder+clod

I think I like the chuck rolls better than the clods, but It may be time to try another one and see if its me and my abilities
eek.gif
or just a different area of beef.

I guess its beef sammies for dinner. Took some to my butcher this mornin, wonder if he liked it!
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky