BIG Butts on the Smokin'-It #3

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Almost 17#- boneless...also down to $1.79/ lb!

Hit with a homemade rub of black pepper Kickin chicken seasoning, granulated garlic, granulated onion, Tony centuries, salt, sugar and paprika with a touch of sodium nitrate cure #1.

Here's the plan: into the smokin it number three at 10:00 PM Tuesday and smoke all night and all day Wednesday and have dinner ready at 6:00 PM...

More to come...

Last edited:
Is 1.79 a good price for you? We're down to 1.19 last time I looked,not to rub it in just amazed it's that high.

I think the best I've ever paid over the last three or four years was $1.69 for a pound and as high as $2.39 but of course these are boneless and well trimmed .

JJ's Finishing Sauce

2C Apple Cider Vinegar
2T Worcestershire Sauce or more to taste
1/4C Brown Sugar
1T Smoked Paprika
2 tsp Granulated Garlic
2 tsp Granulated Onion
2 tsp Fine Grind Black Pepper
1 tsp Celery Salt
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper or Chipotle powder. Add more if you like Heat.
1/2 tsp Grnd Allspice

Combine all and whisk well. Let rest, at room temp, 30 minutes for the flavors to meld together.
Makes 2 1/4 Cup. This is enough for an 8-9 Lb Butt with approx half mixed in and half served at the table.

225!

Or at least that's what the dial said...I think pp is pretty forgiving.

Looks great. I'm going to try that finishing sauce. Did you just mop it on at the end?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky