Best Brisket (by accident) I've Ever Made

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks and sounds like a well designed plan Mike ! And gave me an idea for my planned Labor Day cook/rest !
Thanks my fellow Georgian. Let me know how it goes. Timing is everything, right?

I usually find that to be the case when reheating from vac sealed frozen on most meats. The only thing we haven't liked was Pork Loin. The texture was completely different and dry. I always add some liquid broth or similar when I vac seal. Beef is always similar or better, but the Pork Loin hasn't been.
I quit freezing cooked meats unless going in a stew or something. I just never liked the texture. I started doing the sous vide pasteurization and just keep in fridge. I have left up to 4 months and usual taste better than when it was smoked.

Last edited:
I quit freezing cooked meats unless going in a stew or something. I just never liked the texture. I started doing the sous vide pasteurization and just keep in fridge. I have left up to 4 months and usual taste better than when it was cooded.
That's pretty good method Brian. I don't have SV yet, so I gotta do it old fashioned. But Vac Sealed and in freezer I have kept it up to 8 months and it was still good. The only texture issues I had was with Pork Loin.

came across this post and had to laugh...the two best briskets I've ever made got done much earlier than they should have...I have no idea why. I had a 15lb brisket that was done in about 9 hours @240...was absolutely perfect. Smoking reminds me of golf...you hit that perfect shot and it gets you addicted and you think you can hit that shot again...you can, but it takes another 20 swings to do it.

Beautiful Brisket!!
Don't know how it eluded me for so long, but a lot of Great posts seem to get by me nowadays!! Sorry 'bout that, Mike!!
Really looks Good!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Beautiful Brisket!!
Don't know how it eluded me for so long, but a lot of Great posts seem to get by me nowadays!! Sorry 'bout that, Mike!!
Really looks Good!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
No problem John. Thanks for the compliments and the like. I still have 1 vac sealed pack of the Point in the Freezer. Gonna use it soon. The other pack I had frozen from it was excellent. I find I'm often missing a lot of great posts as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky