best beer for BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That Three Floyds looks/sounds delicious. I'll have to try it out sometime.

I'm a big Pale Ale drinker (IPAs, IIPAs, APAs).

I am a huge fan of Yuengling, maybe for the fact that I can't get it here in WI. I take a trip down to TN/NC every year and I load up on some Yuengling to bring back. I actually marinated steak in some Yuengling Black and Tan then grilled it. Tasted so damn good.

it is, their beers are some of my favorites.

im not sure how far out of the midwest they sell 3 Floyds. I see it in liquor stores and bars in Chicagoland.

I bought that jug o' beer at the brewery in Indiana.

I'm planning a trip to hit up the brewery soon.

I can get 3 Floyds up here. In fact, Monday I bought a 6er of Alpha King and am currently enjoying it very very much.

I love tongue destroyers like Dogfish 90 or 120 min IPA or Moylans Triple IPA.

Alpha King is really nice, I also like Gumball Head.

are you going to take the tour? or just hit the brewpub?

I'd like to shoot for both..

I did Goose Islands tour and then ate at the "pub" (a little fancier than a pub). Really REALLY enjoyed that.

you should enjoy it.

I did the Leinenkugels tour(really nice), and want to do the New Glarus(Wisconsin) tour next.

I haven't done Leinenkugels cause its up north even though they have a brewery in Milwaukee. I want to do the New Glarus and the Tyrenena one yet. You should check out Lakefront. Its one of my favorites that I have been on. Great beer and you get quite a bit of beer (I believe 4 samples but they are large), a pint glass when you leave and a coupon for a free pint at a bar close by to try another Lakefront brew. All for $5.

thanks for the tip Re: Lakefront
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Not a big fan of Guiness, or of stouts for that matter. I'm a huge hop-bomb kinda guy.

I liked Rolling Rock too. I haven't had it in a while, is the taste still the same now that Budweiser bought them and shut down the glass-lined tank brewery in Latrobe?

I'm gonna get some Hopslam this weekend and I need to search out this Gumball Head. This is like the 20th time I've heard about it this week so its gotta be good.

This year's Hopslam is much better than last. It's got a much brighter hop flavor and nose. It's nice to be done with the hop shortage!
Try to find some Southern Tier Unearthly or Oaked Unearthly. Good stuff.

Prost!

I will drink just about any beer while im q'in... it all depends on the weather & what im in the mood for... I love beer, i love different brew types... recntly i have been going to a local resturant/brewery "Iron Hill" and pick up a few jugs (each holds close to a 6'er)... but from the store i will drink what i know i like and usually try the grab a 6 of something new to try out... the stronger the better!
Also like mix drinks, but like i said... whatever im in the mood for... I LOVE BEER!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky