best beer for BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
typically Miller High Life.

scored some New Glarus Spotted Cow for Sunday's smoke when I was up in Wisconsin yesterday.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Soon, hopefully, my own.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

My brother used to brew his own, and it was great. Meanwhile my wife keeps asking me what I want for Xmas, and I can't think of any stuff I need or want. So I told her "Beer and wine". She thought about it for awhile and came to me and said "How'd you like a brewing kit?"

I think I can fit that into the house
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

Three Floyds is awesome, love their Gumballhead, and Pride and Joy. I am lucky to have them so close.

I got a sixer of Leinenkugal Fireside Nut Brown and it was VERY good. Also had some Stoudts double IPA, I'm not a huge fan of IPA's but this one is pretty good. Its a one at a time beer for me though, 10% alcohol!!

Not a big beer drinker (i prefer Bulliet Frontier Bourbon), but when I do drink beer my preferences are Yengling, Moose Drool, and Landshark lager

typically a Miller guy, some PBR tallboys really went well with the tequila and bbq last weekend.

I really like Yuengling, but unless you live on the east coast you can't get it. Just started selling here in WV and it's made in Penn., a neighboring state. Yuengling is the oldest beer in America. If you like a stouter beer, as many of you do, they also make a black and tan that is also very tasty.

I had heard lots of good stuff about Yuengling but they dont sell it in Ohio. While on vacation last summer in NC I finally got to try some and didnt really care for it. I did go back to the store and get the black and tan and it was very good.

I'm a Yuengling fan also. However, I have really come to like Dogfish Head. For 'light' drinking, Indian Brown Ale. Otherwise, 90 minute IPA. It's very hoppy so you have to like hoppy bear. And with 9% abv, a four pack is just about perfect.

Not so much a fan to traditional American Lagers.

Drink of choice would be Gosling's or Captain Morgan and coke.

Picked up some Dundee Honey Brown Lager and its not all that good. Hardly any flavor except a nice sweet honey after taste, but very little beer taste. Dont get me wrong, I'll drink the other 11
biggrin.gif
just not sure if I'll pick it up again.

A cold one. ;)

But usually for me it's the good ol' American standard.... Miller Lite or Miller Genuine Draft. I don't have time for all those fancy beers with the funny names.

Criminy what a long post-I like imported beer if someone else provides it otherwise Busch lite. I probably like it a little better. With some sour mash alongside.
icon_mrgreen.gif

A Growler of 3 Floyds "Pride and Joy", and a small bottle of Jim Beam. All for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky