best beer for BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Simple tastes here. Just bought some Busch for Friday nights' ABT smoke. I tend to like Annheiser-Busch beers. Yeah, I know. Everyone shoots down "Bud" but dang, they sure sell enough of it. I prefer Rolling Rock, but after a few, it upsets my stomach. If I'm feeling hoity-toity, I'll get some Becks or Corona.

LOL every beer on that list also happens to be very popular.

I used to play guitar. I knew a lot of classical players who scoffed at electric guitars. But every single one of them had a Fender Strat hidden in their house. I'll bet a lot of them voted in that beer poll.
wink.gif

Im sure this may have been covered but anything from Fort Collins, CO is pretty much good. Anything from O'Dells, New Belgium. I haven't found a bad Heffenwisen or Dunkel Weiss.

And during summer months anything wheat hands down. My favorite all time wheat beer is O'fallon wheach from O'fallon, MO, it is a peach and wheat. Absolutely amazing. Just my .02

i'm not going to go through 35 pages to see if this point has yet been made; but if you ask me, the best beer is the one you're holding in your hand at the time.

I wouldn't be much of a Texan if I didn't root for Shiner Bock. honestly though, I have a tendency to drink crown while I'm cooking, so by the time it's done, I can't tell much difference anyway

Im just a good ol' boy, and enjoy Miller High Life Light(gotta cut thosse calories somewhere), however I do have expensive tastes when it comes to tequila I like to sip some top shelf 100% agave tequila when I smoke. Typically Herradura, Don Julio, etc.

Here's a couple,
Lienenkugels honeyweiss with a wedge of lemon
Modelo Especial w/ lime wedge
Spotted Cow
Nordic Wolf Light- haven't seen it much lately.

Always bud light. But a good "fancy" beer (keep in mind I'm still in college) is Sam Adams Scotish Ale. It's made with a smoked malt for whiskey and tastes great with 'q

Not too many beers I wont drink. But I also really enjoy the micro-brews these days. In the summer I like a crisp pale ale, and we have a couple of local brewers around here (Davidson Brothers - Glens Falls NY), and Mendocino Brewing Company (brewed at the Saratoga NY site Olde Saratoga Brewing Company).

Nothing like having a few fresh growlers full of pale ale in the summertime. It might be a little expensive compared to a cooler of Coors or Miller Lite (which I will also keep on hand), but great brews and supporting the local economy.

Well being from the Pacific Northwest, where brew pubs rival Starbucks in quantity
icon_mrgreen.gif
.... there are a ton of bears I like to drink. For a dark beer I have to go with Deschutes brewing Obsidian Stout or Black Butte Porter, both excellent! But if I want something clean and crisp I cross the ocean and do an ice cold Grolsh or Mirror Pond Pale Ale (also by Deschutes).

Course nothing beats a PITCHER (or two) of margaritas on a really hot day
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky