Belly Bacon on the Smokin-It#3

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Steadily gain temp...the bellies were placed into the smoker directly from the fridge this AM.

Mailbox mod is great with a MES, but I'm not sure how it would work with a Smokin-It 3 w/o major modifications.

Great looking bacon, BTW!

Last edited:
How long are you going to let it run? We did our batch of bacon in 7 hour increments, ending at 28 hours. Next time I do bacon that is where I will be STARTING out time wise. How do you like your Fluke?

I did a small one last year...so this is the first real batch I did...

Just had some of our 28 hour bacon. Next batch will start at 28 and go up from there.

Plenty smoky and perhaps a bit too salty...more to come!

How long are you going to let it run? We did our batch of bacon in 7 hour increments, ending at 28 hours. Next time I do bacon that is where I will be STARTING out time wise. How do you like your Fluke?

That thermo works well, like the 2 probe option.

Need to partially freeze and slice on my hobart...more to come

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky