Beef Short Ribs (finger food)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
I wanted to try some boneless beef ribs on the drum. I do these a lot over a fire, but wanted to try them on the drum, then seared over the fire like a steak.

I just rubbed them with olive oil, then sprinkled with kosher salt and pepper.

Heated up my drum...

Smoked them with some potatoes at a temperature of 225 for 1 hour...

Sliced my potatoes, dipped them in beer batter and fried...

The ribs were cooked in 1 hour so I skipped the fire sear..

Sprinkled the batter fried potatoes with some homemade seasoned salt...
Cubed the ribs......

My company went through it pretty fast and I didn't hear them complain.

Thanks for checking out my finger food supper. :)

As always...great looking.

So did you just use a knife and cut the meat off the ribs? Or did you buy it like that?
I've never had battered fried potatoes. How are they? They sound tasty.

Looks like a good Friday night with a couple of beers, some friends and some tasty morsels.

Points for sure.

Good looking smoke Jeanie. Dippin' sauce and beer. Fine,fine.
icon_lol.gif

Thanks Dude and Scott!!
Dude, they were boneless beef ribs. They come that way at the store.
I really like the battered fried potatoes, they are crunchy on the ouside but tender in the middle. :)

Scott.... I like meat, tatoes and beer. lol Finger food!
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

As always, another dish I'd like to try...man, so many smokes, so little time!!!!!!! You got a knack for tossing something simple and sweet together, and coming out smellin' like roses! LOL!!!

Nice one Jeanie!
PDT_Armataz_01_38.gif

Thanks for sharing your finger q-view!

Eric

Thank you Eric and Scooby!
Eric, sometime keeping it simple tastes the best. lol

The boneless short ribs are cut from the 'middle chuck' - below the blade bone but above the eye of the chuck.

Great looking Q Jeanie, i also noticed that you had a good choice of beverage. You should run a food camp.

That was great! And so true....wonderful food there Cowgirl. Thanks for posting and points especially for my favorite way of making potatoes!

Thank you AZ, Pops, Laurel, Joe, Rich and Rivet!
The ribs and taters went pretty well with that cold beer. :)

I just showed this post to my neighbor and asked what he thought. He said "How about next weekend?" I said Yep! We'll be having about 11 people here so this will be fun to do.

Thanks for the post and the pics.

Killbuck, that sounds great! If I lived closer, I'd crash your party. lol

Let me know if you need a beer batter recipe for the tatoes! :)

what he said!!! nice job as always jeanie. your smokes at least for me keep me thinking as to what i can try next. keep up the good stuff !!!

Nice job Jeanie. I shy away from boneless ribs since I figure they are just chuck, not like there is anything wrong with that.

Yours look fantastic. I love the taters. I learn something new with your posts

Jeanie, that's just some awesome looking grub. I could use a little of that right about now.

Thanks erain, Scuba and Keith.
Keith...sure hope you are feeling better!!! I'd sure send ya some if I thought it would help.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky