Beef Ribs 3-10-09

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sgtcowboyusmc

Original poster
Feb 26, 2009
Western Arizona
OK This is the second time I have done Beef Ribs. My Wife liked the first batch of Ribs that she asked I do another batch. Looks like it may be a weekly thing!
wink.gif

I used the 3-2-1 method.
I put the Ribs in the disposable aluminum pans and covered them with Pappys Choice rub and let it set in the frig overnight. At noon I put the Ribs in a preheated MES and let them cook at 225 degrees for 3 hours. I added 2-1 Hickory and Mesquite, meaning I used 2 parts Hickory to 1 part Mesquite. After 1 hour I sprayed on Apple Juice and then again at the 2 hour mark. At the 3 hour mark I again sprayed on Apple Juice. I then Foiled the Ribs and cooked them for 2 hours. I then took the foil off and sprayed the ribs with you guessed it, Apple Juice and cooked the Ribs for 1 more hour. I take "Sweet Baby Rays" BBQ sauce and I mix it with, you guessed it, Apple Juice. I then slather the sauce on the ribs. Again My Family agreed they are the BEST RIBS we have ever had!
9f2c4ef3_vbattach20823.jpg

30148d85_vbattach20824.jpg

fc7a6ae7_vbattach20825.jpg

e891e60f_vbattach20828.jpg

3e3eb478_vbattach20827.jpg

Congratulations Sgt; they look tasty. Have you ever tried smoking the beef ribs without foil? Good call with the mesquite, nothing compares with mesquite smoke flavor on beef (in my opinion).
Thanks for the QVIEW,

Tom

Looks great and probably tasted better

Congrats on a great Dino smoke & Q.

Great looking ribs. Thanks for the Qview.

Tom- No I have only done the Dino Bones twice. Both times I have done it using the 3-2-1 method as described in the SMF. When I read the article on smoking ribs and then the 3-2-1 method I decided on it.
Thank You for your Service Tanker!
PDT_Armataz_01_41.gif

I havta admit, beefies are my personal favorite. Your pics made my stomach growl for some of those. Congrats on becoming the family rib hero!
Great job!!
points.gif

Oh man those look good. No one in my family like beef ribs, can you believe that? Especially my wife. We live on a farm and butcher our own cows so you know who gets the ribs? Thats right baby, I do. ALL MINE. I cant get enough of em. Since I am still pretty new to the smoking scene, I have yet to have them smoked, but I will just as soon as Spring gets here. Good job Sgt.

Those ribs look great.

Meat Hunter I know what you mean. I just did some beef ribs because my wife doesn't eat pork. Lot's of meat on those bones but too much fat for her. BTW she eats them with a knife and fork
rolleyes.gif

She eats them with a knife and fork???
Your serving her divorce papers, right?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

It's a family thing. Her dad eats fried chicken with a knife and fork. Go figure. I get to enjoy my many hobbies without complaint so it's a give and take.

Ok, my heads starting to hurt now. Fried chicken with a knife and fork. Yeah I hear ya about the hobbies. My wife puts up with allot of my antics so I really cant complain either. She always gets on me for eating one thing at a time on my plate. You know, if we have potatoes, corn, beets and steak, I eat one of them at a time till there gone and move on the next. Drives her nuts. She even yelled at me one time at the table, in a friendly way of course. "Why don't you mix it up a bit instead of eating just one thing?" I told her why, it all comes out the same.

lol...Scubadoo...a knife and fork? ....Well at least she likes em.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Great looking ribs Sgt! Beef ribs havta be my favorite too. Mmmmm...
icon_cool.gif

Those do look great...nice work. I can't seem to find beef ribs anywhere around here, though...kind of a bummer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky