Beef Jerky on the Smokin-It#3

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ended up with 11 bags, totaling 89.3 ounces, starting weight of 179.8 ounces for a yield of 49.56%...$10.46/Lb for the (dried and trimmed)) meat, add in seasoning, wood, electricity...so probably $15/Lb..

Tastes great though!

Last edited:
Dert, when your slicer start to leave tails on the meat, it past time to sharpen the blade of the slicer.  I do that several times while slicing meat up.
Dert, when your slicer start to leave tails on the meat, it past time to sharpen the blade of the slicer.  I do that several times while slicing meat up.

I don't have a sharpener....it did not come with one, any good sources out there for a Hobart #1612??

I finally bought a sharpener for the old girl...~$100 online, not a cool one that fits on top, but bolts to the adjustment plate...

I actually got it for $220 because of the lack of sharpener...

Local Craig's list ad from a pawn shop in St. Paul MN- he had it for less than a day!

I've been looking on and off for the better part of 10 years!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky