Beef brisket with Q-VIEW. Drool warning :-))

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chaze215

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
New Jersey
Meat: Beef brisket flat

Rub: Jeff's with some extra seasoning.

Wood: Hickory

Smoker. CCSV

Temperature: Steady in the 240's

Cook time: Start time 930am and ran into a stall around 140-150 for approx. 2hours. After hitting 160 IT, foiled and back into the smoker til IT reached 195 which was around 5pm. Double foil wrapped and left to rest for an hour. Chilled the drippings and skimmed the fat off after about 45 mins. The dripping alone were not to my liking. It had a weird flavor. I had to add some additional spices which then made it taste pretty good. What do you guys add to the drippings? Or do you do the whole beef broth thing?

QVIEW: Enjoy the pics. My girlfriend loved it and took a few slices and put it on a biscuit with some slaw and really LOVED it....lol I then did the same with some brisket and slaw, but then drizzled some homemade BBQ on it....AWESOME!

ENJOY AND THANKS FOR LOOKING!

Ready for the smoker after a night in the fridge with the dry rub.

75e6eca7_BRISKET003.jpg

IT at 160 ready to be foiled.

af0d795c_BRISKET005.jpg

After resting and ready to be sliced up.

dfb83397_BRISKET008.jpg

Sliced up...NICE smoke ring!

5329be21_BRISKET009.jpg

Onto the platter with some of the drippings.

ecba89c1_BRISKET010.jpg

Plated up with some 3-potato salad, slaw and biscuit.

17bc220d_BRISKET011.jpg

AH YES! Here is my biscuit brisket sandwich with slaw and BBQ sauce. AWESOME!

806e8d50_BRISKET013.jpg

Sandwich level. A thing of beauty! Yummmmmmm!

d8ef9cea_BRISKET015.jpg

That's a beautiful looking brisket!

The smoke ring is just outstanding!

I sure would love a bite of that sammie!

points.gif

Last edited:
That came out great, the smoke ring is perfect!  Now I need to clean the drool off the KB!
drool.gif

Thanks for the comments guys!

I suggest making the sammie with your brisket next time. So good!

Im sure I will be having it again later for lunch or dinner.

WOW! That looks great! I was just telling my wife that I want to try a Brisket next. Just how did you spice up your dripping problem anyway? Also would anybody suggest injecting a brisket, and what should I do for a rub? Any help from the expierenced is much appreciated! I am very green to smoking and want to do it right. So far I`ve used my smoker three times and had two great hits and one big miss! LOL!

WOW! That looks great! I was just telling my wife that I want to try a Brisket next. Just how did you spice up your dripping problem anyway? Also would anybody suggest injecting a brisket, and what should I do for a rub? Any help from the expierenced is much appreciated! I am very green to smoking and want to do it right. So far I`ve used my smoker three times and had two great hits and one big miss! LOL!
It had a pungent taste to it. So i threw in some garlic powder, chopped onion, pinch of brown sugar and a squirt of honey. What do the rest of you guys do?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky