Beef back ribs doing 3-2-1 method

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

anglin220

Original poster
Dec 24, 2012
Rogers, AR
Doing beef back ribs, I know the minion method is generally used for longer smokes but after the ribs I'm gonna do jerky.

I'll try to post as many pics as possible for my first time doing any of these styles..

Last edited:
I love Beef Ribs, just so rarely get meaty ones locally without a special order...JJ

Having a hard time holding temp in smoker, really windy so I have built a wind block but 220 seems to be my high end and already burning through a lot of charcoal and wood. Any suggestions??

Get a couple of hours of smoke on them then finish in the Oven. Put them in a Pan with some beef broth or liquid of choice, cover and finish at anywhere from 225-325*F. A short trip under the Broiler will firm up the Bark at the end...JJ

What internal temp on the ribs am I looking for?
TENDER...Temp don't matter with Ribs. It is not an accurate test, could read 200*F and still be too tough to chew . A Toothpick or Skewer should penetrate easily...JJ

Last edited:
In the oven cooked with beef broth and covered with foil is my favorite was to do country ribs. Drain the broth then bake to firm them as you say. Fall of the bone right out of the oven.  Country ribs are not technically ribs but they are called that at the store. I wonder why?
36.gif

Those beef ribs look pretty darn good from here....
biggrin.gif

Anglin220, looks to me like your doing a great job on those ribs. Chef Jimmy, one suggestion i would have besides ordering beef back ribs special is to keep an eye on the holliday adds for bone in rib roasts. having been a meat manager i have over ordered plenty of times. when i did i boned out the whole rib and used the eye for the counter. so it ended up that fresh beef back ribs ended up in the counter at a reduced price. now i know Christmas is in the distance on the calender but i thought i'd give a heads up early LOL.  other than that whole slabs can be bought and cryovac split beef back ribs can also be bought. they are not as meaty as the ones freshly cut at your local store but these ribs are extremely tasty. Reinhard.

JJ has you covered on the technical info.

Your ribs look really good from here!

If I want decent beef ribs in Virginia I have to go the butcher and order them.

Bill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky