Bear's "Step by Step" Index

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

REALLY!?!?!

I would be worried about making sure the pork is cooked enough.  My jerky is very tender and that is one of the things people love about it.  I tired turkey and i dried it to the point it was leather because I was so worried about being safe.

Do you have a pork jerky recipe?  how tough is it after you dry it?
The Pork Loin Jerky is Awesome!!

You'll love it. It's not as tough as Beef.

Everything is included in my Step by Step. (Below)

Here's the Link again:

Pork Loin Jerky

Bear

Nice additions to an already great Step by Step

Gary

Bear,

I smoked a 4lb flat yesterday. Followed your instructions and it came out perfect. Brought a little bit today for lunch and shared at the office. Had 2 or 3 people go online to look for smokers to purchase.

Thanks again for your step by step

Just put in. Cleaned the glass the night before
Pulled and ready to wrap in foil at the stall
Sliced and ready to eat

Lookin' good!  Welcome to your new addiction.  
banana_smiley.gif

Bear,

I smoked a 4lb flat yesterday. Followed your instructions and it came out perfect. Brought a little bit today for lunch and shared at the office. Had 2 or 3 people go online to look for smokers to purchase.

Thanks again for your step by step
That's Great !!

I'm glad you & the office gang enjoyed it !! 
icon14.gif

And Thanks for the Point.

Bear

Reactions: sharryn
Bear, sorry to drop the ball on messaging.  Didn't realize you had written back. Hope we can pick up from here!!!  Benewah liked Dong Tam, only had to worry about underwater zappers and concussion grenades took care of that. Sorry to have missed you over there,  I left after a 14 month tour TET of 68. They blew up the transit barracks in Siagon the day after I left so my timeing was perfect. Did a bit of smoking last summer and looking forward to this one as well.  Trying to perfect a roast 8 to 10 lbs, want to do a prime rib. Trying several kinds of wood pellets as well as blocks.Winter was long and cold, only just now getting out a little putting the smoker to work.  Will do better about keeping in touch................. and how was you winter there in PA?  Regards,  Nevada Ed

Bear, sorry to drop the ball on messaging.  Didn't realize you had written back. Hope we can pick up from here!!!  Benewah liked Dong Tam, only had to worry about underwater zappers and concussion grenades took care of that. Sorry to have missed you over there,  I left after a 14 month tour TET of 68. They blew up the transit barracks in Siagon the day after I left so my timeing was perfect. Did a bit of smoking last summer and looking forward to this one as well.  Trying to perfect a roast 8 to 10 lbs, want to do a prime rib. Trying several kinds of wood pellets as well as blocks.Winter was long and cold, only just now getting out a little putting the smoker to work.  Will do better about keeping in touch................. and how was you winter there in PA?  Regards,  Nevada Ed
Hi Ed !!

I'm just glad you made it back too!!

Good you weren't at Dong Tam when the VC walked the mortars & Rockets in and hit our Main Ammo Dump!! That set off 500 Tons of Ammo (1,000,000 lbs!!!).

There were very few Navy guys at Dong Tam, but they took the brunt of the damage, as the Ammo Dump was closest to the Naval compound. Total of 2 Killed and 56 wounded in that one.

We had the warmest Winter that I can remember, as a whole, but March was a little rough.

Tanke Care Ed,

Bear

Thx for sharing your index and info Bear, I saved this for ideas and reference. Point for sure. 

Thx for sharing your index and info Bear, I saved this for ideas and reference. Point for sure. 
Thank You AB !!

I'm glad a few people are still finding these Helpful !!

And Thanks for the Points.

Bear

Last edited:
Hey Bear...I got that Sous Vide and used it yesterday. I had rib-eye available so I just used that, and man, it was SO GOOD. 25 hours at 132, ultra hot pan sear for 1m per side. Maybe the best piece of meat I've ever made. Cut with a fork easily. Needless to say, Mom and Wife were impressed. I gave you some credit there. :)

Cheers! Thanks for all your posts!

Hey Bear...I got that Sous Vide and used it yesterday. I had rib-eye available so I just used that, and man, it was SO GOOD. 25 hours at 132, ultra hot pan sear for 1m per side. Maybe the best piece of meat I've ever made. Cut with a fork easily. Needless to say, Mom and Wife were impressed. I gave you some credit there. :)

Cheers! Thanks for all your posts!

Thank You Norm!!
Now try it with something that is tough & needs to be SV'd, like my SV Eye Round or my SV Chucky.
You won't believe how good they are.
Prime Rib is already Tender, so I always just Smoke Them.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky