Bear's Favorite Candy (Big Batch for Easter)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sure looks real tasty !
drool.gif
Looks like Mrs Bear sure does know how to make some great treats ! Between Mr & Mrs Bear, y'all eat really good!
biggrin.gif
Thanks!!

Yeah She Does, but she's a PITA-----I had to tell her to quit making the Blueberry Muffins----I can't stop eating them when they're here!!! They just melt in my mouth!!
drool.gif

Bear

I know this is an older thread, but I really love Reese's cups and will make some of these. I really like white chocolate and love dark chocolate, milk chocolate is just OK. I saw in the original thread with the recipe that you adapted to come up with these. So my question is; can I use 2 bags of white wafers instead of 1 of each and if I were to use dark would I use 2 or do I still need a white? TIA

Bear,
After I posted above I saw your Sig line. My Dad was "in-country" late 67-early 69 at Song-Be and An Loc with the 1st I.D.

I know this is an older thread, but I really love Reese's cups and will make some of these. I really like white chocolate and love dark chocolate, milk chocolate is just OK. I saw in the original thread with the recipe that you adapted to come up with these. So my question is; can I use 2 bags of white wafers instead of 1 of each and if I were to use dark would I use 2 or do I still need a white? TIA
I always loved Reese's cups, which is why I like these so much the way we make them.

I also like white chocolate, but we both hate Dark Choc.

However if you like Dark Chocolate the most, I would try half Dark & half White Choc.

I personally would not use 100% dark chocolate (even if I liked Dark Chocolate) or 100% White.

Also: Tell your Dad I said, "Welcome Home".

Bear

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try them both ways.

I've always loved dark chocolate as long as I can remember. When I was a wee lad and didn't know there was a dark chocolate or milk chocolate, my favorite Hershey Miniature was the Special Dark and I still love them to this day. Reese's makes a dark chocolate PB cup but they are hard to find around here, not a good seller I assume. Personally, I prefer the bag of individually foil wrapped Reese's miniatures because they have the best proportion of chocolate to pb. The original has too much pb that overpowers the chocolate and the newer minis have to much chocolate. The foil wrapped are just right and I could sit and eat a whole bag easily.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try them both ways.

I've always loved dark chocolate as long as I can remember. When I was a wee lad and didn't know there was a dark chocolate or milk chocolate, my favorite Hershey Miniature was the Special Dark and I still love them to this day. Reese's makes a dark chocolate PB cup but they are hard to find around here, not a good seller I assume. Personally, I prefer the bag of individually foil wrapped Reese's miniatures because they have the best proportion of chocolate to pb. The original has too much pb that overpowers the chocolate and the newer minis have to much chocolate. The foil wrapped are just right and I could sit and eat a whole bag easily.
Yup---The only way you'll know is to try them both ways.

LOL----Our Son likes Dark Chocolate, but neither of us do. I always figured I didn't like it because they say it's more healthy than milk chocolate.

Most of the things I like are no good for me!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky