BDSkelly ~ Sunday Pork Butt.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 3, 2013
DFW North Texas
Pork Butt  Mmmmm.  I should smoke these more often.  Don't know why I have chicken and brisket vision all the time.  Yesterday the store had a few Butts on display. They all looked great.  I picked up this 8 pounder. 

I injected with Butchers Pork Injection. And for a rub I used a libreal amount of course black pepper and Simply Unique rub with a few other goodies added to it. 

At 8pm Saturday night I plop the pork on the grate.  Smoking at 225 degrees, The Amazin Smoker is filled with Hickory. 

I take a peek the next morning. (12 Hours later)  Looking good so far.  But has a long way to go.  As you can see I haven't put my temperature probe in it yet.  I'll do that now. 

More later.

B

BDS, I'm in !
popcorn.gif

The IT hits 197 and I pull it off the grate. Plopped into the drip pan for an hour to redistribute those juices before I pull it . 

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky