BDSkelly ~ Ribs and Wings on the Big Boy.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You're getting better !!!!   Actually, really better...  Must be the weather....   
77.gif

Reactions: bdskelly
Brian that rig is awesome,and it shows in what it does,beautiful smoked goodies.

Richie

icon14.gif

Great cook, BD! I don't know which looks better, the ribs or the wings.
I have 3 racks of BBs set back for Sunday for the kids & grandkids and I think I'l try your rub. Simple and efficient. No room in mine for the ribs and wings, though. I'll be lucky to squeeze in some beans LOL!
I agree, there's something hypnotizing about watching that lazy smoke rolling out of the stack, whether it's a small one like mine or a locomotive wannabe like your's ;-)

:points:

Dan

(What wood did you use?)

Those both look terrific B!  I'm glad you got to play on the Big Boy...and I know what you mean about the rain.  Seems like every storm that has hit the DFW area eventually ended up hitting us too.

Point for the tasty Qview!

Red
Brother... I know. It's been wet! Living on acreage  I always appreciate a good rain.  But man... Those skeeters are eating us alive right now!  Thanks for the point my good friend  The Big Boy is great therapy for me after a long frustration week!! B

Daaang Brian, that’s a mighty fine looking smoke you got there!

All Hail The Humble Chicken Wing 
77.gif
77.gif
77.gif

Dig the simple rub man!

points.gif
Thanks so much Lance. 

Simple rubs... Yeah. I've been on this kick lately. Real simple.  I like it.  Thanks for the point buddy! B

Dang, you are versatile , doesn't matter what type of smoker you cook on it looks great.

Nothing like sitting back and smelling and watching the smoke from your stick burner

Great job, Brian, " when does your next school start" ?    
points1.png
      I'm signing up !!!

Gary
Versitile just means what time to put the meat on.  LOL..

My good friend you are correct. Opening the doors, twisting the vents and tossing on wood is a wonderful way to spend a few hours.  Along with sitting on a  folding chair with a bucket of iced beer next to you doesn't hurt! 

Thank you Gary for the point.  B

Brian that rig is awesome,and it shows in what it does,beautiful smoked goodies.

Richie

icon14.gif
Thanks as always Richie. 
Great cook, BD! I don't know which looks better, the ribs or the wings.
I have 3 racks of BBs set back for Sunday for the kids & grandkids and I think I'l try your rub. Simple and efficient. No room in mine for the ribs and wings, though. I'll be lucky to squeeze in some beans LOL!
I agree, there's something hypnotizing about watching that lazy smoke rolling out of the stack, whether it's a small one like mine or a locomotive wannabe like your's ;-)

points.gif

Dan

(What wood did you use?)
Howdy Dan  

Thanks for the nice words.  I mostly smoke with post oak. But I did throw a stick our two of Mesquite on this smoke. I like just a bit of Mesquite with pork. Not too much as it is a powerful wood.  

Thanks again! B

Darn good looking ribs and wings, I need to move to the country where I have some space and either build or buy a smoker like yours. This house is to big for the two of us anyway.
Lang makes a good stick burner, or so I hear. Sure would like the 84" they build.
Randy,

Darn good looking ribs and wings, I need to move to the country where I have some space and either build or buy a smoker like yours. This house is to big for the two of us anyway.
Lang makes a good stick burner, or so I hear. Sure would like the 84" they build.
Randy,
Howdy Randy.  Thanks for the kind words! B

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky